RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
metal_wrath said:
(Later) Carcass is more Death'n'roll and they do not match the melodic POWER of In Flames in any era.

Swansong maybe; Choice cuts with the new songs for sure, I'd agree with that. Heartwork defintely is not. It's a very agressive album, and the riffs, oh baby the riffs :headbang:

I certainly wouldn't be comparing In Flames with Carcass at all man.

Heartwork is a great album but you can almost sense some band tension. I don't think they really pushed it as much as they could have. In Flames lunar strain and suberranean are good but it took those albums for the jester race and whoracle. In the field of melodic death those two albums are perfected. Carcass never got to perfect what they started doing with heartwork. There is some major mistakes imo, but yeah the album is great.

Reactions: metal_wrath
The Greys said:
Heartwork is a great album but you can almost sense some band tension. I don't think they really pushed it as much as they could have. In Flames lunar strain and suberranean are good but it took those albums for the jester race and whoracle. In the field of melodic death those two albums are perfected. Carcass never got to perfect what they started doing with heartwork. There is some major mistakes imo, but yeah the album is great.

I agree with the In Flames haters. The Jester Race is plain weak, and I find all their previous efforts to be quite lackluster too.

Unanimated, Eucharist and At the Gates (at their respective peaks) are all much better examples of melodic death metal.

The Greys said:
Carcass never got to perfect what they started doing with heartwork. There is some major mistakes imo, but yeah the album is great.

Carcass never perfected anything, they simply invented goregrind and modern melodic death metal. They evolved way too fast to perfect anything, they simply went on creating an almost entirely new and original sound with each album.

Malignance said:
I agree with the In Flames haters. The Jester Race is plain weak, and I find all their previous efforts to be quite lackluster too.

Unanimated, Eucharist and At the Gates (at their respective peaks) are all much better examples of melodic death metal.

Those bands are all good, but I don't find any of them to be as emotionally poignant as TJR-era In Flames...

I like Demonication, but I actually probably like The Apostate even more (though it technicall contains most/all of Demonication. The Apostate is really good symphonic death metal; something you don't see much, if at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.