RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any other bands who pull off the darkened heavy metal sound of Dissection with such ingenious use of dual guitar work and majestic (yet still aggressive) songwriting?

Speaking of Naglfar, Jens Ryden's solo project Profundi just released the new album The Omega Rising. This might be worth checking out.

Has anyone heard Thorns - Thorns and do you recommend it.

At the moment i am using soulseek to download stuff... but it doesn't have everything i search for like this album. What do you all use again (sorry i have seen all you post this bullshit before but i never took note)

Has anyone heard Thorns - Thorns and do you recommend it.

At the moment i am using soulseek to download stuff... but it doesn't have everything i search for like this album. What do you all use again (sorry i have seen all you post this bullshit before but i never took note)
It's an okay album. It loses points when it strays too far into experimental elements that don't work. If it were a straightforward metal album, it would probably be better. The guitar sound is dry and rather unique, but there aren't enough riffs that really pay off. I'm sure there are many other albums to track down before this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.