RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dark Angel - Darkness Descends is infinitely better.

Sadus - Swallowed In Black
Onslaught - The Force
Sabbat (UK) - History Of A Time To Come
Holy Terror - Mind Wars
Artillery - Terror Squad
Turbo - Last Warrior
Exodus - Bonded By Blood
Heathen - Breaking The Silence
Megadeth - Killing Is My Business...And Business Is Good
Sodom - Persecution Mania

Sodom-Agent Orange as well. But most Sodom albums will do the job.

I think there's a pretty dramatic decline in quality after Agent Orange, to be honest. I think Persecution Mania is the strongest full-length (aside from the European version of Obsessed By Cruelty that has a completely different recording and is supposed to be reissued sometime...), but In The Sign Of Evil is their best material as far as I'm concerned. Tapping The Vein and Code Red are very strong albums, however, and Better Off Dead and M-16 are good as well. The rest doesn't do much for me, outside of a few tracks here and there. Agent Orange is their last essential album.

I think there's a pretty dramatic decline in quality after Agent Orange, to be honest. I think Persecution Mania is the strongest full-length (aside from the European version of Obsessed By Cruelty that has a completely different recording and is supposed to be reissued sometime...), but In The Sign Of Evil is their best material as far as I'm concerned. Tapping The Vein and Code Red are very strong albums, however, and Better Off Dead and M-16 are good as well. The rest doesn't do much for me, outside of a few tracks here and there. Agent Orange is their last essential album.

Pretty much agreed entirely.

Hey i never got into thrash but it seems like a cool genre. So could anyone recommend their favorite thrash albums?

Coroner - No More Color
Coroner - Punishment for Decadence
Kreator - Pleasure to Kill
Kreator - Extreme Aggression
Anthrax - Among the Living
Forbidden - Twisted into Form
Death Angel - Act III
Megadeth - Rust in Peace

I've omitted Slayer and Metallica due to obviousness.

I am looking for some recent death metal (no shitty brutal death metal, and I am not really looking for anything super duper technical)

- very heavy
- polished, heavy, powerful production
- good songwriting
- good vocals

I came in here before asking for something along the lines of early Gorgoroth (Antichrist and Pentagram). Now I'm back again! Any help this time? Would appreciate it muchly.

Can you give me a list of 10 rock albums that are essential, or a rock forum with a recommendations thread like this, or tell me to fuck off, fuck up, and fuck it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLOKW01pvys&mode=related&search=

as fun as finntroll haha

Rock albums? That's so broad. I'm going with any form of "rock" that I like + any metal that I think "rocks".

Danzig - Danzig I
Guns N' Roses - Appetite for Destruction
Thin Lizzy - Jailbreak
Bruce Dickinson - The Chemical Wedding
Fu-Manchu - California Crossing
Kyuss - And the Circus Leaves Town
Faith No More - The Real Thing
The Screaming Jets - All for One
Colour Haze - CO2
Tomahawk - Tomahawk

I need some recs for prog rock/metal like Riverside or Porcupine Tree...

Check out

Persefone (My Fav, if you can get the concept album - Core by them its like the greatest concept album ever made imho)

http://www.myspace.com/persefoneband Their myspace, but all their songs are like 6min+ long, so all they have is like 2min30sec long ish clips on their myspace. Let me know what you think.

Also check out

AxamentA - http://www.myspace.com/axamenta FUCKING KICKASS BAND <<

Thanks for the recs Disarmonia, but thats not the sound I'm looking for. I need more of a melancholic post rock sound, think along the lines of Radiohead or Opeth's Damnation.

Hey Black Blood... If you want some melancholy metal with a bit of a Radioheady vibe, you should check out the Perceval Gage, Dan Foord from Sikth is playing drums with us now and we have a new EP out. If you like the idea of metal influenced by Neurosis, Mastodon, Isis and Pink Floyd then check out the MySpace at www.myspace.com/percevalgage

Status
Not open for further replies.