RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is nothing like that album really, but some other awesome French BM bands of similar quality:

Belenos - Spicilege
Mystic Forest - Romances
Epheles - Souviens-Toi
Alcest - Le Secret
Blut Aus Nord - The Work Which Transforms God
Eikenskaden - 665.999
Antaeus - Cut Your Flesh and Worship Satan

hey can someone recommend me some good live dvds? I'm not too particular on any specific bands or genres as long as its extreme metal (death, black, thrash, doom) and has a decent sound and quality to it and is relatively easy to find.

Amon Amarth-Wrath of the Norsemen

Could someone please reccomend me some bands? I basically just like Thrash and Heavy. A bit of Progressive sometimes. Here's a list of bands I listen to: Slayer, Kreator, Nuclear Assault, Annihilator, Black Label Society, Overkill, Manowar, Susperia, Motorhead, Iron Maiden, Exodus, Anthrax, Opeth, Megadeth.

Thanks.

Could someone please reccomend me some bands? I basically just like Thrash and Heavy. A bit of Progressive sometimes. Here's a list of bands I listen to: Slayer, Kreator, Nuclear Assault, Annihilator, Black Label Society, Overkill, Manowar, Susperia, Motorhead, Iron Maiden, Exodus, Anthrax, Opeth, Megadeth.

Thanks.

Surely you have heard Mortal Sin? If not, get Mayhemic Destruction

Also try:
Heathen - Breaking the Silence
Holy Terror - Mind Wars
Forbidden - Twisted into Form
Onslaught - The Force and In Search of Sanity (2 albums there)
Drunkard - Hellish Metal Dominate
Hypnosia - Extreme Hatred
Coroner - RIP

That should do for now.

Dude no one from Australia knows the oldschool aussie bands :lol: i didn't know about hobbs angel of death, mortal sin or slaughter lord untill i got on UM i think

Thanks.

carcass (heartworx)
death (symbolic)
old mans child (pagan prosperity)
cacophony (speed metal symphony)
heathen (victms of deception)
in flames
kataklysm
bolt thrower
iced earth
obituary
testament
quo vadis
vital remains
primal fear
kalmah
george bellas
:cool:

Mortal Sin is tremendously overrated, unfortunately, which is a good thing for sellers of their old vinyls, because people pay stupid prices for them.

Mortal Sin is tremendously overrated, unfortunately, which is a good thing for sellers of their old vinyls, because people pay stupid prices for them.

Agreed. They were always second rate. I saw them many times in the early 90s and they were generally regarded as being shit. Hobbs Angel of Death were the same.

Thrash isn't exactly known for its originality. I do like Hobbs' quite a bit, they do what they do very well.

I need recomendations for Septic Flesh. I heard they play doom/death with some harmonies and melodies and am curious. thanks

I need recomendations for Septic Flesh. I heard they play doom/death with some harmonies and melodies and am curious. thanks

I've only heard Sumerian Daemons and I think it's quite good, especially for a more modern DM album. I still need to check out their back catalogue though.

Status
Not open for further replies.