RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or Fire Of Awakening. I've only heard Immortal Pride out of those though and I haven't listened to it in a good while.

Authentic Metalhead said:
If you're looking for some good progressive death metal, I recommend:

Death
Opeth
Meshuggah

But most of the people here already know them. How about some extreme power metal?

Children of Bodom
Dragonforce

That's right, CoB is NOT melodic death metal!!! :mad:
you're right, they're absolute shit

children of bodom are clearly sega saturn metal (i used to call them nintendo metal but decided that was a bit too generous), meshuggah are postmodern anti-mathcore

Stargazer is great.The allusion to Elvenefris in the M-A review of The" Scream.." sold me immediately, although to me they sound more like a Ved Buens Ende/Pavor hybrid.

Are there any other quality modern/old-school DM bands with a memorable distinctive sound? I know most of the bands, whose names circulate on this board. I'm talking about bands that are rarely spoken about despite them being absolutely awesome(Cadaver, Crypt of Kerberos,Creepmime,Molested, Phlebotomized, Wicked Innocence)

I feel like I'm frozen in time listening to the same albums repeatedly. Not that I'm getting tired of them, since most of them seem timeproof, but some diversity wouldn't hurt

Some great doom/death ala Torchure, Demigod would be very much appreaciated

I've taken notes of all the lists you guys posted in this thread(thanks for the Nergal recommendation as well, Malignance:)) but I cannot shake the feeling that I'll be disappointed in about half of these.( "the heard that before syndrome")

ok dudes
Which Blind guardian album should i get next, ive only got Nightfall...

cheers guys

byrne said:
Miasma - Changes is the most underappreciated death metal album in the GMD imo. Try that if you haven't heard it.

Yep, I'm familiar with it. A favorite of mine as well. I'm thoroughly acquainted with Atrocity, Golem and Fleshcrawl too

DarkBliss said:
Yep, I'm familiar with it. A favorite of mine as well. I'm thoroughly acquainted with Atrocity, Golem and Fleshcrawl too
you will fit right in here...

Infester - To the Depths of Degradation
Transgressor - Ether for Scapegoat
God Macabre - The Winterlong
Gorement - The Ending Quest

Status
Not open for further replies.