RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
byrne said:
Imaginations from the Other Side is my favourite. But all the speed metal freaks will tell you to get Battlions of Fear and possibly Follow the Blind

ok cheers bro, ill prolly check out imaginations first off

Necuratul said:
*old school, not brutal

eh? i meant it as another way of saying, prioritise non-suffocation style albums over "brutal" albums.

@ danallica: no worries

FUCK! im typing like a retard with this cold weather. keep having to edit posts for typos

I'm not a fan of Suffocation, and they're a long way better than virtually every other "brutal" death band in existence - you don't need to worry about such bands appearing on any recommendation lists of mine.

A bit of advice on whether or not to pick up the following:

Deceased (Usa) "Behind the mourners veil"
Deceased (Usa) "Supernatural Addiction"
Holocausto (Bra) "De Volta ao Front"
Horna (Fin) "Haudankylmyyden Mailla"
Incantation (Usa) "The forsaken mourning of agelic Anguish"
Make A Change...Kill Yourself (Den) "S/T"
Mutilator (Bra) "Into the strange"
Vinterriket (Ger) "Lichtschleier"

Hammer of Might said:
how does this compare to Immortal Force?

It's in a bit of a different direction, more American in approach, a little less hectic in the tradition of South American Thrash, but it's still a solid release.

I loved Into the Strange, but for some reason Immortal Force hasn't stuck with me, perhaps its time for a relisten.

DarkBliss said:
Does anyone else hear a Megaman music theme on one of the tracks on IB's Anatomy of the Beast? The 5th I think it is(Energumenus). It's been a while since I played the game, but I think it's from Centaur Man in Megaman 6o_O
There are more nintendo moments to be found on that release, but I can't quite track them down to their source.

I don't doubt it! That album is very Megaman-y...

At 1:23 into Cannibal Sodom...fuckin' best.

...And so the Night Became is absolutely outstanding, a more rousing war-like piece than Beyond the Wandering Moon - the subtle, mystical ambience of the debut can't be matched though. Shadows of Old is very solid although much more death-orientated, definitely recommended, but the best stuff on that album is the songs most akin to their earlier work. After that they released a bunch of ok DM albums (each one worse than the last), nothing new but nothing unbearable either, the vocals were their main strength by that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.