RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Disgrace (Fin) good?

I have only heard Beyond the Immortalized Existence and Inside the Labyrinth of Depression their who demos. I really enjoy those, is Grey Misery good?

swizzlenuts said:
Transgressor - Ether for Scapegoat
God Macabre - The Winterlong
Gorement - The Ending Quest

Gonna start with Transgressor and Gorement then

God Macabre are great
I may give Infester a chance, hopefully braving the huge idealogical gap between me and the band members:lol:

DarkBliss said:
Gonna start with Transgressor and Gorement then

God Macabre are great
I may give Infester a chance, hopefully braving the huge idealogical gap between me and the band members:lol:

I hope so, because Infester is fucking awesome!

Malignance said:
Uncanny rules, Maceration sucks.

:cry:

An oldschool album still has to be heard so i'm hunting it down anyways.

Did you know the first Uncanny was producted by Dan Swano ?. I almost could tell because they sound is exactly the same as Edge of Sanity 'sprectral sorrows'.

can anyone recommend me anything like anathema's eternity-judgement albums. of course its not metal but i love the vibe that runs through that classic trio. real honest and melancholy sounding stuff. i kinda get the same vibe from newer katatonia but in a different way. throw some albums my way. thanx:)

The Newer Primordial reminds me a lot of Anathemas Silent Enigma, if that helps. You might like some of the newer Paradise Lost, too; although that's less Pink Floyd and more Depeche Mode.

Ok, here's a list of DM for Darkbliss to be getting on with. The great majority of these were innovative on some level (in some cases, this is only IIRC). I'll try not to name anything too obvious, but you'll still already have plenty of these I imagine. Still:

Abramelin – Abramelin
Adramelech – Psychostasia
Adramelech – Pure Blood Doom
Afflicted – Prodigal Sun
Afterlife – Surreality
Anasarca – Godmachine
Ancient Gods/Infinitum Obscure split
Authorize – The Source of Dominion
Brutality – Screams of Anguish
Brutality – When the Sky Turns Black
Cabal - Midian
Cartilage - The Fragile Concept of Affection
Cemetary - An Evil Shade of Grey
Cenotaph – Gloomy Reflections of our Hidden Sorrows
Cenotaph – Riding Our Black Oceans
Coffin Texts - Gods Of Creation, Death, and Afterlife
Crematory - Denial [EP]
Crimson Massacre – The Luster of Pandemonium
Deeds of Flesh – Path of the Weakening
Deteriorot – In Ancient Beliefs
Disgrace – Grey Misery
Dominus (Den) – A View to the Dim
Edge of Sanity – Unorthodox
Embracing – I Bear the Burden of Time
Epidemic – Exit Paradise
Erytrosy - Incomplete Minds
Eucharist – A Velvet Creation
Evil Incarnate – Blood From the Saints
Excruciate – Passage of Life
Fester – Winter of Sin
Fleshcrawl – Descend into the Absurd
Funebrarum – Beneath the Columns of Abandoned Gods
Funebre – Children of the Scorn
Goreaphobia – Morbidious Pathology
Intestine Baalism – An Anatomy of the Beast
Kataklysm – The Mystical Gate of Reincarnation
Killing Addiction – The Omega Factor
Lemming Project - Hate and Despise
Liers in Wait – Spiritually Uncontrolled Art
Luciferion - Demonication: The Manifest
Massacre – From Beyond
Morpheus Descends - Ritual of Infinity
Mortuary - Blackened Images
Necrophobic – The Nocturnal Silence
Ophiolatry - Anti-Evangelistic Process
Order From Chaos – Stillbirth Machine
Revenant (US) - Prophecies of a Dying World
Rigor Mortis – Rigor Mortis
Rune – The End of Nothing
Sargatanas (mex) - The Enlightenment
Séance – Fornever Laid to Rest
Séance – Saltrubbed Eyes
Serpens Aeon - Dawn of Kouatl
Sinister – Cross the Styx
Slugathor - Unleashing The Slugathron
Thanatos – Realm of Ecstasy
The Chasm – everything
Throneum – Old Death’s Lair
Vore – Lord of Storms
Vorkreist - Sabbathical Flesh Possession
Windham Hell - Reflective Depths Imbibe

The Timebird said:
Abramelin – Abramelin

Booya. This is a fucking great release. As is the "Deprived of Afterlive" 7" from their precessessors, Acheron. Some of the best death metal this country has produced.

Have you heard any Corpse Molestation? Track it down if you've got the patience, at least in mp3 format. It's pre-Bestial Warlust (whom I loathe), pre-D666 (whom I love), and flat out fucking great.

Carcassian said:
The Newer Primordial reminds me a lot of Anathemas Silent Enigma, if that helps. You might like some of the newer Paradise Lost, too; although that's less Pink Floyd and more Depeche Mode.

thanx man, youre always good for some input. i actually have the new primordial but im still undecided on what i think of the band. i have heard a little bit of newer paradise lost but not the new album. thats a band i still might consider looking into. i have one of the older and one of the newer albums but haven't really gave a lot of repeat listens to decide. i actually really enjoy depeche mode though i dont own any albums so that comparison actually adds to my curiousity. i still cant forgive you for thinking of katatonia as a second rate paradise lost though.:cry: :lol:

Does anyone else hear a Megaman music theme on one of the tracks on IB's Anatomy of the Beast? The 5th I think it is(Energumenus). It's been a while since I played the game, but I think it's from Centaur Man in Megaman 6o_O
There are more nintendo moments to be found on that release, but I can't quite track them down to their source.

swizzlenuts said:
Is Disgrace (Fin) good?

I have only heard Beyond the Immortalized Existence and Inside the Labyrinth of Depression their who demos. I really enjoy those, is Grey Misery good?

Grey Misery is worth checking out, but don't expect the bone-crushing heaviness of Inside the Labyrinth of Depression. Unfortunately, the production is rather flat and lifeless, and some of the songs have a bit too much of a "rock" feel. Despite all that, it's not bad.

The Timebird said:
Adramelech – Psychostasia
Adramelech – Pure Blood Doom
Cenotaph – Gloomy Reflections of our Hidden Sorrows
Cenotaph – Riding Our Black Oceans
Funebrarum – Beneath the Columns of Abandoned Gods
Funebre – Children of the Scorn

priorities? noting that im only really into a limited amount of "brutal" death metal.

*edit*

Status
Not open for further replies.