Resurrected Power Metal Thread

if you guys aren't going to acknowledge the whole viking metal trend look whether or not the fucking band plays the music is fucking irrelevant, there's no point in arguing. Go youtube an Ensiferum show for me and count how many 'vikings' are at a show in the crowd.

Gonna be having a BBQ later and with the weather and that power metal seems to be quite fitting. I've never really been into it much but then I haven't tried. The only albums I know I like are Blind Guardian - "A Night at the Opera" and Sonata Arctica - "Reckoning Night".

Any recommendations of bands that have slightly harsher (for the most part) vocals/gay catchy choruses/faster almost thrashy riffs/gay wanky epic solos would be great.

Keeper Of The Seven Keys II > Keeper Of The Seven Keys I, agree?

shoot yourself now!!

Gonna be having a BBQ later and with the weather and that power metal seems to be quite fitting. I've never really been into it much but then I haven't tried. The only albums I know I like are Blind Guardian - "A Night at the Opera" and Sonata Arctica - "Reckoning Night".

Any recommendations of bands that have slightly harsher (for the most part) vocals/gay catchy choruses/faster almost thrashy riffs/gay wanky epic solos would be great.

Metalium comes to mind. Raintime also comes to mind.

KOTSK II is full with awesomeness, Eagle Fly Free, You Always Walk Alone, We Got The Right and I Want Out would have made it equal to the first, but the title track tips the scale.

Mystic Prophecy, man. That should be right up your alley. Also, look into Manticora. The vocals are very deep, similar to a lower Matt Barlow from Iced Earth, but they have extremely heavy riffs and a great thrash/prog sensibility.

Sabaton, Iced Earth, GOOD Blind Guardian (See Blind Guardian thread), Ecliptica - Sonata Arctica, Jag Panzer
Indeed
Kiuas is also a good rec.
Savatage - Hall Of The Mountain King is perfect for this - despite not being power metal.

Yeah I know all those already...not gay enough tbh. Freedom Call has a couple great songs though. Check out INSANIA!

[ame]http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=IIm4yfhlKUQ[/ame]

Insania - The Land Of Wintersun off SUNRISE IN RIVERLAND!

Oh, I wasn't recommending them to you, V5. I figured you already knew them. I was just suggesting them in general for whoever asked earlier for upbeat power metal.

I'll check that Insania out.