Resurrected Power Metal Thread

dark moor's 2nd album is definitely my favourite flower metal record to date, can't argue with a bit of freedom call either. i should get some fairyland, what's the best album?

edit: also liked that insania vid, not as awesome as dark moor though

Get some Celesty, particularly the first album.

Also you just convinced me to listen to The Hall of Olden Dreams. WIN.

Mystic Prophecy, man. That should be right up your alley. Also, look into Manticora. The vocals are very deep, similar to a lower Matt Barlow from Iced Earth, but they have extremely heavy riffs and a great thrash/prog sensibility.

I was going to suggest that too, but wasn't too sure.

Get some Celesty, particularly the first album.

i shall do just that. yeah i think THoOD is significantly better than 'gates of oblivion' which is the only other one i've got, most people seem to rate them both the same level but eh.

I like Shadowland also, though the production is a bit poop. The drum intro to (iirc) "Flying" is fucking great.

Re: Mystic Prophecy. EPIC one trick fucking pony...but it's a decent trick. "Shadows Beyond My Soul" is such a good opener.

Tom, have you heard Hibria? Absolutely necessary awesomeness.

dark moor's 2nd album is definitely my favourite flower metal record to date, can't argue with a bit of freedom call either. i should get some fairyland, what's the best album?

I'd vote Fall of An Empire for Fairyland, but Of Wars in Ossyria is good too. It's very similar to Dark Moor, but probably a bit more symphonic (and cheesy as all fuck).

Here's a sample:

That album is fucking ace.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have hibria's 'defying the rules', i recall it's above average but it didn't really grab me the couple of times i listened. i'm just listening again now, i can see why it's well liked, very ballsy and relentless, flows well. maybe it'll grow on me.

i'm gonna get that fairyland haha

It is really damn great, they capture the essence of proggy power heavy speed metal in a modern+old style damn well imo. Plus the CONCEPT REVOLVES AROUND BIKER GANG WARS. HOW FUCKING METAL IS THAT