Resurrected Power Metal Thread

What does Borknagar have to do with anything. gtfo

Anyway, check out anything from Warmen really, it's all just wanktacular prog-power instrumental stuff.

I am not a huge fan.

I am a huge fan of Borknagar, though. Yep.

What the fuck?

Checked out Warmen. Pretty cool stuff. I've never been a huge fan of instrumental metal, but they're pretty sick.

Also, don't know if anybody else likes them, but I've been digging these guys lately:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV9JpdYf2qs&feature=related[/ame]

Blind Guardian will always be close to my heart - though Twist in the Myth wasn't their greatest release...

Currently the only power metal band that gets much of a listen is Sonata Artica - Unia was a fucking masterpiece in prog power.

Ecliptica fucking rapes. "Replica" is like the best motherfucking ballad in the universe, and "FullMoon", "Blank File" and "8th Commandment" own your false bones.

Fullmoon is arguably their best song. I think it's their best in my opinion, right up there with their many other classics like Victoria's Secret, Power of One, White Pearl, Black Oceans; etc...

Unia, however, was the biggest letdown in recent history. No standout melodies, songs, or let alone songs with any speed! Sonata is at it's best when they're fast. Unia is mostly mid-tempo. Total letdown.

Blind Guardian will always be close to my heart - though Twist in the Myth wasn't their greatest release...

Currently the only power metal band that gets much of a listen is Sonata Artica - Unia was a fucking masterpiece in prog power.

i agree, BG is one of my favorite power metal bands. I like their live albums better than their studio efforts.

I've tried to like Sonata Artica, but I just can't like them. I cringe when I hear any song by that band!