Resurrected Power Metal Thread

Pyramaze with Lance King is really really good stuff. Great singer.
god damn, good powermetal is really fucking hard to come by.

Lance King was awesome. Pyramaze seriously need to get him back. Who knows what the hell they were thinking bringing Barlow in, except "dude, this guy's famous and he sang for Iced Earth; let's get him!" And then they made a less-than-stellar album.

I used to like Edguy decent enough, the stuff up to & including 'Mandrake', which I thought was the best one. When they started getting too non serious and awkward/trashy, I stopped bothering..

"You're part of the game, you're a slave to the grind, Oblivion"

Always will be my favorite power metal band, always.

Shocking reveleation of the day: I've never liked Blind Guardian.

Strange...haha. I love them, Hansi has the best voice in power metal, in my opinion. Only guy who compares to him is Mathias Blad, but in a completely different way.

I used to like Edguy decent enough, the stuff up to & including 'Mandrake', which I thought was the best one. When they started getting too non serious and awkward/trashy, I stopped bothering..

I enjoy their goofy material (Rocket Ride), but that's all I really have; I've heard some of their older stuff but don't really have any. So that probably informed my perspective; when I get their older stuff it might be harder for me to take it seriously. Although didn't they have some song about alien rabbits invading the earth?

Yeah, that song is on 'Mandrake'. And that sort of thing is OK if it's just once in a while, and isn't tasteless, but they've sort of shattered both of those stipulations, so blah to that band. :p

Strange...haha. I love them, Hansi has the best voice in power metal, in my opinion. Only guy who compares to him is Mathias Blad, but in a completely different way.

I'm a big fan of both vocalists. My favorite is probably Rob Tyrant from Labyrinth, he has great range, rich timbre, an enormous delivery, a lot of things. When you hear something such as 'L.Y.A.F.H.' with the way the quieter singing is in the verses, and then the chorus jumps out how it does, it's also incredible how he completely sells a good melody. I believe he, like Blad, has also done stage work, appearing in 'Jesus Christ Superstar' and 'The Ten Commandments' among other productions. After him it's probably Eric Adams from Manowar and Silvio Massaro from Vanishing Point, who I both feel share the same traits though with wholly different voices.

Speaking of Vanishing Point, how come there isn't more discussion on them?

Eric Adams is a joke. How could anyone take him seriously as a vocalist? He makes me laugh. Fun, but not good. He's like if you take the vocals from KISS and then periodically pitchshift them up an octave, then midway through the song just leave the pitchshifter on.

a joke is maybe Joacim Cans, but definitely not Eric Adams, who is a phantastic vocalist, and definitely one of the best in metal

a joke is maybe Joacim Cans, but definitely not Eric Adams, who is a phantastic vocalist, and definitely one of the best in metal

Your saying Joacim is a joke? Hes a very good vocalist... He's done quite some good in HammerFall and his "Beyond The Gates" isn't too shabby either.