Resurrected Power Metal Thread

Does someone elese find LH's Awakening The World a better record than A Flame To The Ground Beneath? The general consensus seems to be that the latter is the better, while I think ATW is one of the best European power metal albums ever.

Does someone elese find LH's Awakening The World a better record than A Flame To The Ground Beneath? The general consensus seems to be that the latter is the better, while I think ATW is one of the best European power metal albums ever.

I like Flame better, but it's cheesier/more gay.

"Are" there any Cage fans.

I checked them out on youtube but wasn't very impressed. They sound pretty generic and not very inspired. If you have a few songs you think are their best, post some links.

Well I gave the new Stratovarius a listen and I was impressed, it's a fuckload better than there self titled release. Way better.

I'm still pretty new to this particular type of metal... but I checked out Crimson Cult's S/T yesterday and really liked it.

Has anyone heard the new Fairyland album? How is it?

Excellent despite the solo-project nature of it (Philippe is the only member left; fortunately he always wrote all their music basically). Marco Sandron (of Pathosray, whose new album is also very good) is their best vocalist yet (Elisa was great too, of course) and it just flows really well and is full of catchy and powerful songs. Get it.

edit: It's probably my power metal album of the year, btw.

Excellent despite the solo-project nature of it (Philippe is the only member left; fortunately he always wrote all their music basically). Marco Sandron (of Pathosray, whose new album is also very good) is their best vocalist yet (Elisa was great too, of course) and it just flows really well and is full of catchy and powerful songs. Get it.

edit: It's probably my power metal album of the year, btw.

Holy shit, Pathosray has a new one :OMG: I love their first. Need to hear the new Fairyland too, I guess the vocalist from Serenity is featured, I like him.

No, he just capitalized random words in his sentences, so it looked like "Basically Dead" was the name of a band, and "Better" was the name of an album. I was only joking around.