Resurrected Power Metal Thread

So, MA says that Human Fortress fired Carsten Frank (who sang on Eternal Empire, which blew) and hired back Jioti Parcharidis. However, their official website says nothing of this. I'm going to be pissed if this is untrue, because Parcharidis is a powerhouse.

OH PLEASE GOD LET IT BE TRUE

Jioti is an amazing singer (nothing against Frank, but what I've heard of his work on EE is shit) and those 2 albums were miles above the third. Hopefully they'll go back to real power metal as well. Fuck powercore.

It says it was updated on October 2, and it lists Carsten Frank as a past member; but the fact that the official site doesn't say anything worries me. Hopefully they just haven't "officially" released the news yet.

Gay. You can hear that they still have some awesomeness left but it's fading away. Compare to:

Awesomeness.

As far as powercore goes, Elvenking do this too but I actually really like the last two Elvenking albums.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this band is very good and underrated:

Slough Feg Or Lord Weird Slough Feg

that's gotta be the understatement of the year,they are fucking great,another one to checkout is Lord-Set In Stone,very awesome european sounding powermetal with thrash influences,this is a very awesome album,especially since they come from my homeland of Australia.

This is what I've pieced together between Wikipedia and the Human Fortress forums:

Apparently half of the band is departing to form a new band called Ember Sea, which will continue in the vein of Eternal Empire; but Parcharidis and other former members will continue Human Fortress in the vein of the first two albums.

Yes, this is good. The suck will be removed in the form of Ember Sea, while Human Fortress will rule again. This makes me very happy.

So I keep hearing this thing about power metal being "oversaturated" with bands.

And then I pick up a metal magazine and look at the reviews, at 85-90% of the bands listed are death/black/grind/something else with harsh vocals.

A vast percentage of the metalbands out there use harsh vocals, which, as I've admitted elsewhere, I don't care for except in very occasional, very small doses (I'm talking "You Suffer" small. :lol:)

Power metal, traditional metal, (sometimes) progressive metal, and a few select thrash bands are really the only places I can go for my preferred mix of speed and melodic vocals. The number of big-name bands in those genres is not large, let alone at a saturation point.

So what's with the "saturation" claims? I wish there were more bands with singers and less growlyscreamy. But that's just me I guess. I should have lived in the early '80s.

I agree dude. Perhaps back in the late 90's/early 2000's there was an overabundance of Power metal bands getting promo cause there was a resurgence in the genre but now i think it's definitely not the case.
There seems like endless amounts of kvult black metal, deathcore and grind bands everywhere you look, much more than PM imo. and at least here in Sydney,Australia every fucking second band is Metalcore and we have a handful of Power Metal acts most of whom are really good because it's not being done as some sort of trend rather a choice made against the tide because the bands really love that music.
More power(excuse the pun) to them!!:kickass:
p.s Anybody here checked out the latest Cd by Finnish band MASTERSTROKE? I really like it and it sounds like a good mixture of NEVERMORE and EVERGREY. Actually it very much reminds me of later day German band ANGEL DUST whom i miss very much!!:kickass: