Resurrected Power Metal Thread

Three top power metal albums of the year for me:

Cain's Offering - Gather the Faithful
everyone missing the OLD Sonata Arctica (y'know, the badass, sometimes silly and always fucking cool sounding band that created Ecliptica?) needs this

Fairyland - Score to a New Beginning
Not sure how Phil pulled this off but he got together a million and a half random people (and Marco of Pathosray for lead vocals; their album this year's good too but straight prog) to record a "score"-sounding symphonic power metal epic, and it rules.

Vision Divine - 9 Degrees West of the Moon
Fabio of Rhapsody lends his vocal talents to this new outing by Italian power metallers Vision Divine. Powerful songwriting, some more aggressive tendencies and even some progginess for good measure, great album

I'm loving every band that vocalist Jens Carlsson has been involved with. Savage Circus, Persuader, and Dark Empire. If anyone hasn't heard Dark Empire, they ought to. Amazing stuff.

I have Virus and it blows.

If anyone hasn't heard Dark Empire, they ought to. Amazing stuff.

Humanity Dethroned is quality. Not really power metal, but good stuff. I saw them live in NYC but it was with a different vocalist because apparently the Swedish guy had visa trouble or something. His vocals remind me of a weaker Hansi from BG, though, but slightly more thrashing.

I have Virus and it blows.

Humanity Dethroned is quality. Not really power metal, but good stuff. I saw them live in NYC but it was with a different vocalist because apparently the Swedish guy had visa trouble or something. His vocals remind me of a weaker Hansi from BG, though, but slightly more thrashing.

Yeah he's often compared to Hansi, that's actually why Stauch picked him to do vocals in Savage Circus in the first place. Although he doesn't have quite the range that Hansi does, I think he's able to pack a lot more aggression into his vocal delivery. Check out Persuader's "The Hunter" and "Evolution Purgatory" if you haven't. Again, not really power, more thrash, but BOY does Jens have a set of lungs on him.