Resurrected Power Metal Thread

Damn, now I even wanted to check them out even closer. And a lol for the 90%+ ratings on the album reviews on http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=377

Edit: I like this, a little gay for sure. But thats exactly how its suppose to sound. Have not heard too much power metal these last years. And as former members of Luciferion which is one of the coolest fucking death metal bands im going to eat this shit right up. Thanks for the rec.

I think the primary reason I stopped listening to LH for about 2 years is because I got bored of them. But at some point I remember enjoying them. The singer is quite unique tbh.

The singer and the atmosphere are what make LH. To be honest, the rhythm guitars on AFTTGB are pretty muddy, for one, and all their pseudophilosophical bullshit really grates after a while, especially since they seem to be unable to decide on carrying on or breaking up. It's only been seven years since the last album.

early rhapsody isnt so bad, but man, those three fairyland albums trump rhapsody and take the cake for velveeta metal for me

early rhapsody isnt so bad, but man, those three fairyland albums trump rhapsody and take the cake for velveeta metal for me

when i was in that phase i gave that fairyland a listen once and wasnt impressed, legendary tales/symphony and power of the dragonflame are just to stellar. Oh ya early Nightwish rules too for that

AFTTGB definitly had some moments, I wouldn't consider that album awful but average at best, for a metal album anyway. For a power metal album, its definitly above par compared to alot of corny ass bands.

never saw any difference between either cd really, just that 1 has a like 20 minute ender and the other has a like 8, thats probably their only flaw

I stick to my guns. "Land of the Free," Gamma Ray. It's just perfect.

If you're a die-hard Finn-fan, though, "Reckoning Night" by Sonata Arctica also places in my top 5.

Other opinions welcome.

Cheers, gonna check em out. Mind you, I love/like cult bands like Helstar and Fates Warning as well, but I thought I'd ask for something less obvious. Lost Horizon is pretty decent from what I remember. Haven't listened to it much though.