Symphony X - V: The New Mythology Suite
Crystal Viper - The Curse Of The Crystal Viper
Intense - As Our Army Grows
Pyramaze - Legend Of The Bone Carver
Pyramaze - Melancholy Beast
Kiuas - {Everything}
Dark Empire - {Everything}
Stratovarius - Visions

There is more but those are what come to mind.

I'm guessing by power metal,you guys are meaning the more keyboard orientated variety,otherwise my list would be comprised more of bands like The Lord Weird Sloughfeg,Manilla Road,Pagan Altar,Sacred Oath,Warlord,Cirith Ungol,Atlantean Kodex,Doomsword ect.Not really liking that new Fairyland album as much as the previous,dunno too filmscorish,even though the last album is similar,might be the bigger production or songs but i'll keep plugging away on it.Here's a few of my faves:
Helloween-Keeper Of The Seven Keys 1&2
Blind Guardian-Imaginations & Nightfall(All)
Symphorce-PhorcefulAhead
Iced Earth-Something Wicked This Way Comes
Avantasia-The Metal Opera pts 1& 2
Lord-Set In Stone
Ayreon- 01011001
Virgin Steele-Invictus
Freedon Call-Crystal Empire plus more..

I have other Fairyland records and while they're 'stage oriented', the newest one is too over the top. Records like Of Wars in Osyrhia aren't as histrionic. Nonetheless, I prefer power metal that borders traditional metal, mostly.

Thaurorod

I`m really looking forward to their debut album.

Not my fav. powermetal band but their new album sounds ok I think:

Just another catchy Majesty song I can`t stop listening to :( :

Last edited by a moderator:
New Kiuas track "Aftermath" up on their myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/kiuasweb

Sadly, I'm a bit underwhelmed. Then again, I remember hearing "Conqueror" and being underwhelmed, and then every single other song on New Dark Age ended up being better than that one, so I'm hoping this will be true for Lustdriven.

They still have all their technical skill and aggression, which I like; but that spark that made Spirit of Ukko and Reformation so awesome and epic seems to be fading as they write more songs that have a seemingly heavy/hard rock kind of feel. Not saying those songs are necessarily bad, they're just... stale.

Anyway, I sincerely hope the rest of the album hearkens back to the good ol' days when they wrote soul-crushing tracks like these:

Last edited by a moderator: