Resurrected Power Metal Thread

Hmmm I think for me, Blind Guardian are still the masters. Imaginations from the Other Side/Nightfall on Middle Earth (although the 2nd is a concept album) are probably my top recs for best power metal.

WAIF you are outnumbered; surrender at once.
I will never surrender! No, never, I will carry oooon!
Hmmm I think for me, Blind Guardian are still the masters. Imaginations from the Other Side/Nightfall on Middle Earth (although the 2nd is a concept album) are probably my top recs for best power metal.
I'd agree with Blind Guardian. Human Fortress - Lord of Earth and Heaven's Heir is my personal favorite power metal album, but if someone was going to only get one power metal album, I'd tell them to get something by Blind Guardian. Not sure which of their studio albums (Imaginations or Nightfall, probably), but Live is fucking amazing.

I think Blind Guardian has definitly released a good amount of power metal albums that I would consider some of the best in the genre. But I remember Sonata Arctica releasing some really amazing stuff.

Rhapsody Legendary tales or power of the dragonflame, if you dont have nightwish's oceanborn or wishmaster..blind guardian's tales from the twilight world is their best..falconer's debut is pretty good for that shit..sonata is all right i guess, all keyboards and emo lyrics if that's what you want, went over that phase pretty quick. Id say you weren't missing anything if u have Rhapsody, LH, Nightwish and Blind Guardian and maybe that Falconer album

Yea, I have those two Nightwish albums. Very poppish, especially Wishmaster, but dreamy. Not to mention, I'm familiar with them from my metal noob years, and still find that they hold tons of nostalgic value.
I also tried their debut, but disliked it; just too weird and unfocused.

Kiuas's debut, The Spirit of Ukko, is a power metal must. One of my favorite records of all time.

I'd also recommend Kamelot's The Fourth Legacy and Epica.

That said, you also can't go wrong with Blind Guardian, except for their most recent release, which is disappointing.

So what's like the best power metal album? Bear in mind, I love Nightwish.

Sounds like you might dig,Fairyland's of Wars In Osyrhia,I aggree about BG,it's hard to go past them but these guys and this album in particular are so overtly flowery and pompous but somehow manage to be cool and metal,have'nt really bothered with the new album,it's a guilty pleasure for sure.
Not a bad filmclip lol nice song tho!!

Last edited by a moderator: