Resurrected Power Metal Thread

Ok. I've listened to Kiuas before, but was never particularly interested by them. It seems I never gave them a proper listen...

Same here, I think I might give them another try based on the recommendations in this thread.

Free album of questing unicorn glory!!

"Booklet is actually just two JPEGs. Must be printed on glossy paper to become glossy." :lol: Sounds like the album might be a laugh. Speaking of comedy metal songs, this one's probably my favorite:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok. I've listened to Kiuas before, but was never particularly interested by them. It seems I never gave them a proper listen because I'm absolutely loving all their stuff on Spotify. I'm now officially a Kiuas convert. Fuck me this is good stuff.

Same here, I think I might give them another try based on the recommendations in this thread.

They're my favorite power metal band and one of my favorite metal bands in general. You really can't go wrong. All of their albums are good, although their first two are the best (Lustdriven is working it's way up the ladder though). They have that edge that some traditional power metal fans despise, but I think their edge and aggressiveness is genuine. They're just really great musicians who also happen to be really great songwriters. Phenomenal band.

Didn't even know they were working on a new one! Fucking awesome.

EDIT: total Sabaton epic cheesiness. Fuck yeah!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCqjhQ86yQw&feature=related[/ame]

266842.jpg

This is such a great album IMO...definitely better than Triumph or Agony.

New Rhapsody is pretty good actually.
Been listening to alot of power metal lately... fuck have I came up with some horrible stuff.

A few have been pretty good though...
New Sabaton/Rhapsody
persuader-300.jpg

Sinbreed - When Worlds Collide
Wuthering Heights
Mob Rules - Hollowed Be Thy Name

Stinkers:
Heavenly
Early Rage
Sacred Steel
Black Majesty

I've found that most power metal I really dislike... is because of the the guy in charge of vocals... he if grates my ears, I just cant take it.

Still need to listen to the new Kiuas.

also listening to the new Rhapsody of Fire album. Songs sound really good but who is responsible for this atrocious mixing job?

I haven't listened to any tracks from the new album, but atrocious mixing is the last thing I would expect from Rhapsody. Their recordings are usually extremely polished, sometimes to the point of sterility.

Heavenly is pretty bad.

I'm also surprised to hear that about Rhapsody. They got goddamn Christopher Lee to do the wizard voiceovers on "Magic of the Wizard's Dream," you'd think they could get the mixing right.

There are a couple young female teachers at work who LOVE Helloween. One of them was playing "Gambling With The Devil" in the car while driving me back from the airport when I first arrived here. I think the guitar solo in "The Saints" is in my top 5 guitar solos of all time. The one in "I Want Out" is also in that top 5 now that I think of it.

Anyone heard of Altaria?
I recommend Crucifix if you don't know them.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWSia9qy9oU&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhxZ5pdZVuY&feature=related[/ame]

Anyone heard of Altaria?
I recommend Crucifix if you don't know them.

That wasnt too bad actually. Maybe I'll check out one of their albums.

Youtube links got me thinking...

(first few seconds are silent, it works, promise) Pretty much the first power metal song that clicked with me.

Also fairly sure Einherjar86 got me into power metal, recommending Sabaton and Powerwolf almost a year ago.

Couldnt stand power metal... now it's one of my favorite genres of music, period.

/end pointless ramble

BERLIN IS BURNING!!!

Fuckin awesome song.

Glad you love the power metal now man. There's a lot of shit to be sure, but the good stuff will rock your socks off.