Resurrected Power Metal Thread

I'll check out those links after work. I only have Epica and The Black Halo, and I downloaded Ghost Opera a while back but didn't like it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvI5w0cG68o&feature=related[/ame]

SOMEWHERE IN TIME I WILL FIND YOU AND HAUNT YOU AGAIN
LIKE THE WIND SWEEPS THE EARTH
SOMEWHERE IN TIME WHERE NO GOOD SHOES ARE LEFT TO DEFEND
YOU'VE FALLEN DEEP

Favorite Iced Earth track. Beyond crappy sound quality but yeah.

Einherjar - thanks for posting those, I must have overlooked them back in the day. very cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on the first two Helloween albums (which are their most popular) they're good but fucking overrated.

I'll argue the "overrated," but their first two? Not their second and third? Other than "Ride the Sky," who remembers anything off of Walls of Jericho? And the argument for the best Helloween album tends to be between Keeper 1 and Keeper 2, the Kiske/Hansen era.

EDIT: Hey, Sinbreed's had an advertisement on this forum for quite some time now. Thoughts?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njTkGRbWGWY&annotation_id=annotation_33521&feature=iv[/ame]

is it bad that i love the new sabaton record...and primarily because of the over the top lyrics?? ;-)

Sabaton has always been awesome, despite their consistently over-the-top lyrics. They're a great band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvI5w0cG68o&feature=related

SOMEWHERE IN TIME I WILL FIND YOU AND HAUNT YOU AGAIN
LIKE THE WIND SWEEPS THE EARTH
SOMEWHERE IN TIME WHERE NO GOOD SHOES ARE LEFT TO DEFEND
YOU'VE FALLEN DEEP

Love that song.

Einherjar - thanks for posting those, I must have overlooked them back in the day. very cool.

No prob. I'm actually a pretty big Kamelot fan. Ghost Opera was definitely a letdown though.

I'll argue the "overrated," but their first two? Not their second and third? Other than "Ride the Sky," who remembers anything off of Walls of Jericho? And the argument for the best Helloween album tends to be between Keeper 1 and Keeper 2, the Kiske/Hansen era.

EDIT: Hey, Sinbreed's had an advertisement on this forum for quite some time now. Thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njTkGRbWGWY&annotation_id=annotation_33521&feature=iv
god damn that singer blows

god damn that singer blows

I reckon he's got a great voice with a good mix of gruffness, enthusiasm and melody. Not super mind blowing Daniel Heiman-esque vocals by any means, but definitely solid. Actually, that sort of sums up my thoughts about the new Sinbreed album: Nothing super amazing, just really good power metal.

EDIT: Just googled what Heiman was doing these days and had a listen to the samples on the Lavett Myspace. Boring radio rock. Whoop-de-fuck. What a massive waste of talent.

EDIT: Just googled what Heiman was doing these days and had a listen to the samples on the Lavett Myspace. Boring radio rock. Whoop-de-fuck. What a massive waste of talent.

There's a popular consensus (that I agree with) that he'd make a hell of a replacement for ZP Theart.

But a.) he's probably not interested and b.) you'd all probably call that a waste of talent, too. :p

LOVE FTtGB, but it still doesn't quite surpass Land of the Free in my book of best-power-metal-albums. It's way up there, though.

Heiman wouldn't add that much to Dragonforce (and I don't mean that he isn't talented, but I think that better vocals just won't do anything to improve that band). There's fault in their songwriting too; other power metal bands are just far more interesting musically. Herman and Sam rely far too much on flashiness, while other power metal guitarists are actually tasteful. To join Dragonforce might be a good popularity move, but it wouldn't do anything to improve the quality of Heiman's repertoire.

ZP Theart is a really good vocalist (at least, as of IR; haven't heard the last one) and I'd love to see him join another band and start writing lyrics that have actual meaning (even generic fantasy lyrics, basically anything would be an improvement).

ZP Theart is a really good vocalist (at least, as of IR; haven't heard the last one) and I'd love to see him rejoin Power Quest and start writing lyrics that have actual meaning.

Fixed. :lol:

I've never had a problem with DF's music (hey, classical symphonies all followed the same four-movement form, too), but I think a new voice will make it sound a lot fresher, and I'd love to hear them try some non "epic-mishmash" lyrics. But I focus overly on the vocals. I'm a metal soul with pop ears. :p