Resurrected Power Metal Thread

Think I'll just leave this here for a while:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93JMOsQDZbg&feature=related[/ame]

So according to their myspace Human Fortress have their original singer and drummer back and are working on a new album in the style of their first two HELL FUCKING YEAH.

It's pretty random that you'd ask me that, seeing as I hadn't ever heard any of their stuff until yesterday. Andy sent me Hastings 1066 and it's pretty damn good. It's got the same medieval feel that early Human Fortress had, but with strong symphonic elements. It's the sort of symphonic stuff I like, where the rest of the band pull their own weight instead of just backing up the keyboards.

I've heard some of their songs, but never a full record, which is why I asked (I saw them in your recently played list).

"Demons on the Crown" is a great song.

Aha. Yeah, it has that same intangible but oh-so-important medieval atmosphere that Lord of Earth and Heaven's Heir has.

The new Wuthering Heights album sounds good so far. Anyone else heard it?

Just got around to checking this out, and bloody hell I'm impressed. Probably the best power metal album of 2010 so far (with Sinbreed a close second). It may be the best album of 2010 at this point, although I'm not sure whether I prefer Salt or Heathen's latest at the moment.

The hell is wrong with Elton?

Nothing really, he's obviously very talented and good at what he does. A lot of his songs just bore me... Not my cup of tea, so to speak. Tallulah bores me too. 'Hate with a passion' was probably a slight exaggeration, it's more of a mild annoyance. Still, that's what the skip button is for.

This may be one of the gayest album covers ever but this album certifiably fucking rules.

If the album is half as good as that cover is completely shithouse, then it's going to be an amazing album. Will give it a listen.

So lately I've realized I really dig Jag Panzer (early and late stuff) and White Skull (or at least Public Glory Secret Agony). Recommend me some stuff along these lines, cause my power metal collection is lacking at best.

After repeated listening, I have come to the conclusion that Persuader's "When Eden Burns" blows the socks off everything by Kiuas. (Sorry Ein)

When I first listened to The Hunter I didn't like it at all, and I still don't. Most of the time I didn't like their melodies, and when they did something melodically interesting to me they usually never built on it. They seemed to me to be all balls and no inspiration.

After listening to a few tracks from When Eden Burns, I have to admit that it sounds way better than their debut (what tracks would you recommend Dak? I only listened to "When Eden Burns," "Judas Immortal" and "Twisted Eyes"). They're great musicians, and they have an awesome, brutal sound. Their vocalist, however, sounds like a Hansi Kursch imitator; which isn't necessarily a bad thing, except that he isn't as good as Hansi (or Ilja Jalkanen, for that matter :cool:).

I don't know, their melodies just don't always do it for me. The reason I love Kiuas is because they have these genuinely inspired melodic passages (which aren't always very complex) that are complemented by phenomenal muscianship. You can just tell they love playing metal, and music in general.

EDIT: Holy shit, "Twisted Eyes" sounds so much like Blind Guardian at times.

And after repeated listening, I've come to the conclusion that Kiuas's Lustdriven is a fucking awesome album, better than its predecessor, and near the majesty of the first two albums (possibly better than Reformation).

When I first listened to The Hunter I didn't like it at all, and I still don't. Most of the time I didn't like their melodies, and when they did something melodically interesting to me they usually never built on it. They seemed to me to be all balls and no inspiration.
No way, the debut is the only must own in their discography.