Resurrected Power Metal Thread

It's so hard to find good powermetal anymore.

I love power metal, but I agree. A lot of the paramount bands started sucking and there hasn't been many newcomers to take their spots.

Thankfully, Mathias Blad came back to Falconer and they got good again. Probably the best singer in metal.

Sabaton is awesome.

Heavenly's last album is weak, but Dust to Dust and Virus are amazing. Hard to like the singer, though.

Hibria has two killer albums.

Diabulous In Musica is a new band with some interesting stuff.

Dawn of Destiny is pretty sweet.

Celesty's newest is very good.

Cage is consistently bad-ass.

Aquaria isn't bad.

Wuthering Height's newest is one of the best albums I heard all year.

Wuthering Height's newest is one of the best albums I heard all year.

:kickass: It's been a pretty good year for metal so far I reckon, but that's definitely been my favorite album this year. Really good lyrics too, which is especially rare for power metal. Sinbreed is probably next favorite power metal album of 2010, but it's nowhere near as good as Salt.

Heavenly - Virus was decent, but no where near Dust to Dust or Sign of the Winner. the youtube clips of the new disk suck.

the Skull Collectors is lacking big time. Couple decent songs, but that is it. The first album was loaded with bad-assery.

Sabaton singer is crap.
Never could get into Falconer

Yeah, I definitely agree. I remember when I first listened to them I was apprehensive toward the vocals, but now he's one of my favorite singers in power metal.

Jioti has left Human Fortress again.

fuuu.png

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyIcJRT7--I"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyIcJRT7--I[/ame]

Thankfully, Mathias Blad came back to Falconer and they got good again. Probably the best singer in metal.

He's definitely one of the top 5 in power metal--and the only baritone; I tend to prefer the tenors. Kiske always has to get my #1 vote and Hansi #2; after that it gets hazy.

Blad's only problem is he's too mellow. Live (when Falconer is live, which is rare) he looks like he has no clue what on earth he's doing (weird for a professional actor!) But his vocals are divine; he's definitely my favorite baritone in metal.