Resurrected Power Metal Thread

There is metal that is "stereotypically" prog metal a-la Dream Theater and I consider that to be "prog metal." Progressive ______ metal is something else entirely, depending on what is in the ______ space. Prog metal is a definite genre.
I would say it's a description as well, for the most part.

I think it comes down to these genres:

Heavy Metal
Doom Metal
Power Metal
Thrash Metal
Death Metal
Black Metal

All other genres are derivative genres of the above imo.
Well, you could go even further and say that death metal is derivative of thrash, as is power metal, and that doom metal is derivative of heavy metal, and go like:

heavy metal
thrash metal
black metal

and then you could say that thrash is derivative of heavy metal, as is black metal, and just say

heavy metal

but then you'd be a fucking retard because trying to fit everything into broad categories is a waste of time.

With regards to power metal, I'm loving Luca Turilli.

Yeah I probably should, where do I start?

DUDE.

You fuckign NEED Helstar's Nosferatu. http://www.myspace.com/helstar the first song Baptized in Blood is the opening track(well after the intro) and just shows you how fucking amazing this album is. They have 2 other good releases(Burning Star and A Distant Thunder), they also have a live album and a greatest hits called Sins of the Past.

But some other bands that are mad good from USPM;

Cage
Twisted Tower Dire
Attacker - Battle at Helm's Deep
Battleroar(they are from Greece but they sound alot like Jag Panzer and Manilla Road imo)
Jag Panzer
Manilla Road(not necessarily power metal at all but old school epic heavy)
Metal Inquisitor
Nasty Savage - their S/T is pretty good. GLADIATORRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sanctuary - Refuge Denied - Warrel Dane's(Nevermore vocalist) band before Nevermore.

Did anyone like that Human Fortress tune? Or is everyone ignoring the question so they don't have to talk about how bad it is?

Sorry, I didn't see that. Well, my first impression is: well, it's definitely Euro Power Metal. Not exactly my thing, but it seems to be well executed, and match the contemporary scene quite a bit. But this is just my "objective" evaluation.

almost every band is as good. they're more like retro they remind me of stuff lizzy borden was doing 20 years ago.

Well as long as this thread came back...what did you guys think of the new Iced Earth? I have only listened to it once through, and only remember the intro track. But I think I'll enjoy this more then Framing Armageddon.