Resurrected Power Metal Thread

New Guardian:

Sacred Worlds is just absolutely fantastic, my new favorite song by them. Incredible. Worth endless repeat.

Curse My Name > War of the Thrones

Only track that doesn't really get me is Valkyries.

I absurdly love the guitar opening to Tanelon (Into the Void), especially the descending scale part.

I've just realized that nearly all power metal I enjoy is either from the united states or germany... I realized there was a lot... but sheesh

Germany:
Powerwolf
Running Wild
Heavens Gate
Helloween
Blind Guardian
Human Fortress
Scanner
Mob Rules
Grave Digger
Iron Savior

United States:
Kamelot
Riot
Virgin Steele
Iced Earth
Armored Saint
Fates Warning
Manilla Road
Manowar
Omen
Helstar
Liege Lord
Pharaoh
Savatage
Jag Panzer

I do wonder if the styles are just that unique or if it's something I've subconsciously done?

If you had to choose between the German and American power metal you like, which would you go for?

Personally my favorite power Metal comes from a wide variety of European countries.

I do wonder if the styles are just that unique or if it's something I've subconsciously done?

Perhaps because German and US Power Metal bands generally don't drown out the guitars as much with oodles of keyboards and symphonic guff? ie they actually leave the 'Power' in Power Metal? Ze Germans and Seppos remember to make sure you can hear the nice crunchy guitar riffs that give the songs more 'oomph' or 'ballsiness' or 'headbangability' or whatever you want to call it.

Some generalisations here, but as for the other major power metal producing countries, to me Italian PM often sounds too frilly with castrato-esque vocals, Finnish can often sound overproduced and sterile with Swedish seemingly somewhere in between Finnish and German.

Germany's definitely my favorite for Power Metal, though I still haven't delved into US Power Metal thoroughly enough.

Your preference for high range falsetto ballsiness is hampering your better judgment. Mathias Blad is a phenomenal singer.
The song starts with a crazy fast powermetal riff. Then slows down to this dude that just sucks dick.
It's powermetal! not pussy shit.
I want no part of this midrange shit.
Might as well put a growler, or thrash vocalist on there instead of those cleans.

It started out with promise but didn't really go anywhere special after that. I didn't mind the singer that much though, I just feel they could have added in many more extra elements to spice it up a bit.

Falconer is a great band, and their debut album is awesome. I`ve only seen Falconer Live once, with Mathias, but I was amazed by his Live performance. A very good singer!

I have just got the Thaurorod`s debut album, and I think it is good, works for me.
176464.jpg

Here is some other Ok PM bands I recently discovered:

Last edited by a moderator: