Resurrected Power Metal Thread

Just to further comment on Tales Of Medusa's musical ethos:

Tales Of Medusa is a band that is entirely about the music. They do not want to have any distractions from their music, which is why they choose to be 100% independent in all things and do not work with record labels or have a website or myspace or anything. They write, record, produce, press, and distribute all of their music by themselves, and they do it all at their own expense. They don't even charge people shipping when they send people their records for free. This is why their music is so hard to obtain. Because they want to remain independent and distribute their music for free, they can only afford to press so many copies of their music. The largest run of any of their releases so far has only been 100. They're not trying to be kvlt or artificially obscure. It's just that their wishes to remain independent necessitate that. To be honest, it's a practice that I greatly respect, because it allows them to focus 100% on their music without worrying about dealing with record labels or PR agencies or even maintaining a website. They can hardly get off their ass to check their email more than a few times a year. The last time that I emailed them, I asked them about their thoughts on fans distributing their music. Obviously they haven't gotten back to me yet, but if it's okay with the band, I'll try to share their releases when I have the ability to rip cassettes and LPs. Though, I have my doubts of how many of you would even feel about them, since most of you talk about gay European Flower Metal and other assorted gay metal, whereas their music is more in line with the 80s American tradition.

I notice you deleted your other post acting as if it's funny for a band to press their music on records and cassettes. Maybe you realized that it was stupid?

I notice you deleted your other post acting as if it's funny for a band to press their music on records and cassettes. Maybe you realized that it was stupid?

Actually I was just reiterating what you said, but seeing as you were just being a douchebag I felt there was no need to try to "defend" you. Even if I did...your point being...?

Oh, I'm sorry, my point was that your post was stupid in that you seemed to be laughing at the concept of a band not releasing CDs. If that wasn't the intent of your post, then I apologize.

And Black Friday is a notorious douchebag on the forum, so I feel justified in what I said, especially considering that he first attempted to download music from a band who opposes downloading, and then following it up by saying "Upload it so I can insult you about how bad it is."

Oh, I'm sorry, my point was that your post was stupid in that you seemed to be laughing at the concept of a band not releasing CDs. If that wasn't the intent of your post, then I apologize.

And Black Friday is a notorious douchebag on the forum, so I feel justified in what I said, especially considering that he first attempted to download music from a band who opposes downloading, and then following it up by saying "Upload it so I can insult you about how bad it is."

If you were referring the the :lol: at the end of the post it was because I thought it was funny that I had to bring up that it was impossible to upload yet again, as it had been said over and over.

Their specific genre kind of lies in the amorphous grey area of traditional metal that characterized much of the 80s American "Power" Metal scene, which encompasses heavy, power, speed, thrash, and even doom metal. I can't really think of any bands off the top of my head to compare them to that would give an accurate representation of what they sound like.

Their specific genre kind of lies in the amorphous grey area of traditional metal that characterized much of the 80s American "Power" Metal scene, which encompasses heavy, power, speed, thrash, and even doom metal. I can't really think of any bands off the top of my head to compare them to that would give an accurate representation of what they sound like.

Is there a reason that they only release on record and tape, or that's just how they roll?

:lol: