Return of black metal screams in Opeth

I don't mind it. Opeth is a genious band, so I'm sure they'll make a good decision and I'll dig whatever they end up doing because it will be excellent. I dig them like that. When I first heard from someone about how not hard core Damnantation was, I was like, hmmm. By the end I was in love with it.

The closest thing to a black metal scream from Opeth that I recall is Ghost of Perdition.

I think it'd be awesome if Opeth brought back the Blackmetal screams, but I think I like the stuff with a little more balls in it like on "Blackwater Park"

There are some black metal sounding vocals during the last minute or minute and a half of Baying of the Hounds.

Harmonized death grunts really work... Demon of the fall and wreath are perfect examples... there should be more of them... low and high, as already mentioned.

^
Yes that is probably the scariest thing I've ever heard in any song ever made.

Black metal vocals would'nt work on an Opeth album and I've never heard black metal vocals on any Opeth album so what do you mean by 'return'.

you need to buy the other records, not just damnation and ghost reveries.

Black metal vocals would'nt work on an Opeth album and I've never heard black metal vocals on any Opeth album so what do you mean by 'return'.

Listen to the song Black Rose Immortal. That one has some very black metal vocals in it, especially at the beginning.

death vocals/black metal screams are pretty damn cheesy imo, id rather if mike pulled a bergatt/alcest and just used shoegaze or clean vox

The first thing that popped into my head was April Ethreal; In my opinion, that's as close as they get to Black Metal. And personally, I don't dislike the screams as long as you can kind of tell what he's yelling (not like, say, Gorgoroth). But like alot of others have said, it'd be a nice variation.

How were they ever black metal? I have all their studio albums and have not found one true black metal scream. Black Metal screams are a lot more raspy then any death grunt done by Mikael in Opeth.