Review the last movie you saw thread

I saw Terminator Salvation on the plane to London last year. Maybe I'm just a bigger Terminator mark than I realised but I absolutely loved it. Couldn't fault it at all.

Terminator: Salvation was pretty good I thought. Different film than the earlier movies, so that's probably why it got all the bad reviews. Expectations in the wrong spot.

The Wrestler is great.
Balls to the Wall, Metal Health & some other cool trax in the soundtrack to make it extra great!

Just watched Men Who Stare At Goats, not all that great.. why all the rave reviews? Sure it was quirky but I felt you had to be stoned to actually laugh all the way through. It didnt suck but if you are looking for an easy laugh I doubt this will satisfy you.

The Men Who Stare At Goats didn't get many rave reviews, it was considered a disappointment. I saw it in London last year and was crushed that it wasn't as good as I was expecting, considering how long I'd been waiting to see it.

just watched Evangelion 1.2 (You Are [Not] Alone) & loved it
it's basically a rebuild of the 1st six episodes of the landmark anime series "Neon Genesis Evangelion" but with tweaks to the story, characters and fixing up some previous inconsistencies in the original, but also hinting that it is set in a parallel world from the original
Evangelion 2.0 (You [Cannot] Advance) shall be screening soon & can't wait for it

might download 2.2 though, because of visual improvements and fixing up a few other things in it

if you loved the original series or never saw it and want a good proper anime with character development, I do highly recommend it!

Saw The A-Team last week. Freakin awesome. Loved it, and I'm a big fan of the tv series. I know a lot of fans have been reluctant to give it a go, which is a real shame. It really was very good, and played up the best bits of the show. Joe Carnahan though... the man needs to calm the fuck down. Little bit choppy in places, to say the least. New director for the sequel, please. And no Amy Allen.

I watched the first two Nightmare On Elm St films again. It made me realise how long it's been since I saw those two, for I'd forgotten most of it. I must have seen 3 onwards a lot more.

I just got home from seeing Scott Pilgrim Vs The World, and loved it. If you like Edgar Wright's other work, old school video game and indie music references, then you will love it. Kind of reminded me of Planet Terror (one of my fav films) in a way, just how off the wall crazy it is while paying obvious exaggerated homages to the filmakers interests and inspirations. Awesome.

Has anyone seen The Expendables yet? Its Stallones new film.
I've yet to see it but its Stallone doing what he does best. Blow shit up. He directs and stars in it.
I'm hopefully seeing it this weekend. I loved Rambo 4 which he also directed so hopefully this is more like that.

They don't make action movies like they did in the 80s anymore. Stallone knows this, and thats why Rambo 4 was so good. I can't wait to see this one. I'll add my review later this weekend.

Has anyone seen The Expendables yet?

I love it! The Expendables is first cinema release I've really wanted to see for years! Had it been filmed in 3D I would have blown my load and died from massive spooge-loss caused by all the excitment and greatness contained within. Best movie ever.

just saw Scott Pilgrim vs The World and it was a geek-gasm of truly EPIC proportions

it is a film for geeks (mainly game geeks) made by geeks (mainly Edgar Wright who made the TV series Spaced and the movies Shaun of the Dead & Hot Fuzz)
it is packed with references to games, movies and general geek culture but not in the Nod & a Wink way of a lot of film adaptations do or the blatant rip off style that Tarantino does in all his films
the references exist as part of the world and go unnoticed and there is no need to explain how the world works
for non geeks, it just has some incredibly funny lines and moments in it -the character played by Chris Evans especially as well as Wallace, Scott's gay housemate/landlord
it flows quickly and packs a lot in from pretty much 6 or 8 graphic novels worth, although this does mean it lacks some development. especially of the 7 Evil Ex's that Scott must battle

but all in all, it is handled very well and definitely something I would buy as soon as it comes out

I just watched it. It was clever and funny and good, but I wasn't amazed. There was nothing to complain about.