Review the last movie you saw thread

just saw the movie INCEPTION & have to say it is one of the most masterfully crafted films I have seen in simply AGES. it also did what no film has done in a long time too & that is absorb me, keeping my mind on the film and make me suspend all disbelief, putting all faith in what is in front of me
won't spoil it for anyone but if you haven't seen it yet, see it before it finishes because has to be seen in the cinema

am attending the Reel Anime Fest

saw the two new Evangelion films in a row (the 3rd due out sometime later this year or next, not sure)
the first is basically a remake for the first few episodes of the original series, with a few extra and different bits thrown in
it looked less spectacular then my blu-ray version (which they updated) and the exit lights in the cinema made it hard to view at times
but still a great film

the 2nd one You Can [Not] Advance is an entirely new film
diverting from the original series by changing the Angels' designs & their numbering, adding new characters & new scenarios and making feel more epic (such as was the original plan for the series if things hadn't gotten in the way outside of production)
it pretty much canes almost any Hollywood film of late in terms of how to develop character and tension within a limited time frame and keep you involved with what is going on within the film

can't wait for the 2.02 blu-ray edition to come out! :headbang:

I've watched The Ring I and II (US remakes) in the last few days. The first one's pretty good, but the second is a bit shit and silly really. I've seen the originals but can't remember much about them.

Do the Japanese ones have a weird kid as well? At least this one's not as annoying as the one in The Sixth Sense.

Yeah the first remake was good. Having Naomi Watts always helps. :)

Finally saw Xmen Origins: Wolverine

Was better than I was expecting. Never going to win an oscar or anything but it was an enjoyable popcorn movie.
Liked it a lot better than Xmen 3.
Ryan Renolds was a weird choice as Deadpool though..... dunno why... he was barely in the film.

I think I saw an XMen film once, and it was better than I expected it to be.

Watched A Nightmare On Elm St 3 last night, and remembered it better than I did the first two. I particularly remembered the bit with the hot nurse.

Ryan Renolds was a weird choice as Deadpool though..... dunno why... he was barely in the film.

he asked to play him
plus, in the comics Deadpool makes a few jokes about Ryan Renolds after the writers found out that the actor was a fan of the character

he will be making his own Deadpool movie after the Green Lantern film comes out next year, which will have nothing to do with the Wolverine film and be more like the comic character

Has anyone heard of the movie called The Human Centipede?
Without giving too much away, it is about 2 American girls whose car breaks down on a euro road trip.
They find a house and stop to ask for help. The guy who is at the house is a former surgeon who speaclized in removing siamese twins.
He has a life goal to reverse his work and join people together..... his master plan is to.... umm.... hmmm.... well, he makes a human centipede by joining peoples mouths to the person in fronts anus... Yes, they are forced to eat shit :lol:

Here is the trailer:

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw The King's Speech last night. Very good film, and a good one for someone like me who doesn't know that much about that part of royal history to watch. We used a gift voucher and went to Gold Class. It was pretty cool, but not something I'd normally pay $30 for.