Satanism and Metal

NocturnalSun said:
this is by far the funniest ever. Even I question some aspects of my religion, but it is certain that Jesus was completely SINLESS. He was God's only son. How the hell could Jesus kill a boyhood friend? show me this article and granted, I'm gonna have to beat ur ass down with some serious religious discussion on this one, but I wanna know just how the hell someone came to this conclusion?

You are as thick as shit. Do some research into your own religion.

"There are dozens of Christian apocryphal works in existence that didn't make it into the official canon [4th century] (more than fifty, in fact), but that doesn't make them unbiased (an understatement if there ever was one) and it certainly does not make them contemporary. It's interesting though that as long as it suits the Christian agenda they will selectively quote from these apocryphal works in order to strengthen a particular point they wish to convey, but then they will turn around and ignore all the embarrassing problems this creates for them when the other, less savory, parts of those works are used against them.
How about exuberant tales of Jesus' early childhood as portrayed in the Gospel of Thomas? Consider this one from chapter 4:

"Later he [the young Jesus] was going through the village again when a boy ran by and bumped him on the shoulder. Jesus got angry and said to him, "You won't continue your journey." And all of a sudden he fell down and died ... The parents of the dead boy came to Joseph and blamed him, saying, "Because you have such a boy, you can't live with us in the village, or else teach him to bless and not curse. He's killing our children!"

Well said and totally agree!

DiscipleOfPlato said:
Satanism is just as blind as Christianity, same with every other "follow the leader" religion out there. Anton Lavey(not sure if that's spelled right) had an idea, and turned it into a belief-structure, big mistake for a respectable individual, and it's a living testament to how stupid people can be. If you belong to a religious group, I would gladly respect your ideals, but the fact remains that YOU ARE A FOLLOWER! Satanism isn't rebellion, in fact, it's the very thing that constitutes the opposite. Like every other organized religion, it has flaws, and anyone who actually believes EVERY WORD of it is too dumb, ignorant, or lazy to come up with their own ideals and morals. I've come up with my own religion, it's called individuality(or as I like to call it, Manny-ism). I would encourage everyone else to do the same.

Anyway, yes, the incorporation of satanism into metal is a tired stereotype. But nonetheless, it's a stereotype we must accept. I think most intelligent metal musicians either do it for the fun of it and don't take themselves too seriously, or aren't involved with it in the first place. Besides, It's the music that counts.

I like my religion.

Also, regarding Socrates and Jesus(Isa), I would have to say that a lot of questions and statements could have been intelligently avoided. I honestly think both men were much smarter than that. It seems like Socrates is the smart one and Isa the relgious zealot living in blind faith. I highly doubt that's how he really was.

Nuns at the Presbyterian chuirch down the street are worse than that, if you can imagine.

your contradictions sound similar to the message I saw on the internet once talking about 9/11 being a HOAX (for all who don't know its the World Trade Center being bombed by airplanes and falling). This is very similar to that. I know what I know about my religion is true, yet you still blabber on some mindless talk about Jesus killing a man for bumping into him. I've seen plenty like you who focus and home in on one or two points that 'contradict' my religion. Most of the shit your'e reading is either Bullshit or not proven to be fact yet. Also, what was defined as 'swear' words back then is not defined as swear words now. did they have Fuck back then? i think not my friend... Shit? nope... Ass? yes, but that meant a donkey back then... Dick? Cunt? Motherfucker? nope....

You're obviously having a laugh here. I'm fed up trying to discuss it with you, when you seem to think Jesus' existence has been "proven to be fact". :lol:
Have a nice life, idiot.

Is that not nice how he repeatedly dodges our responses? What makes Jesus's life as is documented in the Bible fact? Because a large portion of the world is Christian?

The same could be said about many other past religions if you just want to go off of a religious text.

NocturnalSun said:
As a product of Catholic schools, I know what's real about the whole story of Jesus and God.
:lol: because goodness knows, the catholics will give you the unbiased low-down. good grief, do you even realise how blind you are?

this is by far the funniest ever. Even I question some aspects of my religion, but it is certain that Jesus was completely SINLESS. He was God's only son. How the hell could Jesus kill a boyhood friend?
according to your doctrine, jesus was also true man. since man is by nature guilty of original sin, jesus must have been sinful, as well.

Abou said:
Is that not nice how he repeatedly dodges our responses? What makes Jesus's life as is documented in the Bible fact? Because a large portion of the world is Christian?

The same could be said about many other past religions if you just want to go off of a religious text.
if we decide on truth demographically, then buddhism must be true, because i believe the majority of the earth's population is buddhist.

I honestly think NocturnalSun is just kidding around here, specifically to piss people off. He's posting utter nonsense like "they FOUND the apostle Peter's head". I mean who would seriously believe that? I suggest we all ignore him and his daft ideas.

Guardian of Darkness said:
Rainbow absolutely owned.

Indeed Rainbow did completely own. Jeffrey was such a top bloke, i always wanted him to read stories out the book to me. How come they always read out the same thin book every episode yet there were so many stories in there? Thats the magic of rainbow for you.

Bungle.....genius. What more can you say about our giant furry friend?