Seem's we have about 1000 Puma's in Australia

spawn said:
Listen baby, you might get away with that on other message boards, but NOT HERE.

broncos_thatsmy_kidst.jpg

Wenda said:
Thats disgraceful, indoctrinating a young child like that instead of letting the poor kid make his own decision. The Brisbane Broncos are an evil cult, nothing more.

If I grew up in QLD i'd go for the bronco's, theres no way in hell you could be a proud canetoad and go for the cowboys.

The only other acceptable team to go for would be the Goldcoast Seagulls, and the be dead

The cowboys are...well...less shit than they used to be. I have a soft spot for them (*shrugs* they're QLD'ers, after all) and it's good to see them win games, but I wouldn't call me a supporter :p

And the Seagulls...alas, poor Seagulls; I knew you well. </hamlet> We did also have the Crushers for a while, but uh...yeah, they went the way of the Dodo pretty quickly.

I wonder if this year the Broncos actually have a full squad, rather than a bunch of blokes in jerseys supporting Darren Lockyer. It seriously gives me the shits when all you have to do is poke one guy in the eye and the entire team falls to shambles.

I might go for the Cowboys if I was from Townsville. I'm used to supporting shit teams, that's all....

The puma stories around sydney always turn into "big cat" stories.. THere was one in the local paper which showed a fuzzy photo of a beefed up cat... I'm guessing a feral. Occassionally people bring in scats and so forth, which they think is puma shit - turns out to be dingo or cat or dog. And therte's no evidence from hair or anything else either. I once talked to a person who was going on about how they saw a goat carcass that had been dragged up a tree by a puma... To which I replied, okay, where are the photos? Surely they could have walked back into the bush to get photos, i mean a goat up a tree is a big effort.

50 could establish a breeding population, but depends on over what geographical area and length of time... That's a damn small population.

As for the cats, their psycho things. Need a lot to wipe them out. Shooting, cutting off things, the list goes on.

Did anyone hear about the results for that last guy to find one? About 4 or 6 weeks ago now? Where he shot it, cut off the tail and dumped the rest of it in the river? They sent it off for DNA testing, but I haven't heard anything since.

Presumably it was a false alert. I dont' get it in that situation though, if you've got a "real" animal there which you've killed - firstly why only take the tail, and secondly why not take a few piccies of the creature.... Granted a tail should be more than adequate for a species analysis, but what about photos?

i just realised how freakin' old this thread actually is. Ah yes, resurrecting dead threads. ALways fun.

Blitzkrieg said:
There was photos. There was a photo on the front of the Herald Sun. It was hanging from a tree, the size of what you would expect from a puma, and missing it's head, as it was blown off by the shotgun.

The problem I had with that photo was that the perspective was all fucked. The cat was like only a few feet from the camera, but the guy was standing a few metres behind that! It's kinda like when a guy takes a photo of his wiener to make it look special.. or something.. :dopey: