Share your Threshold experiences

or rather staining, probably guinness

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

How many times I have told you I envy you, btw? :p

Pictures of old merchandise are more welcome, anyway. I thought my Clone shirt was the oldest around unless I saw nick midson at Z7 sporting an aged Extinct Instinct t-shirt. And, no, I havent asked him how much would it be! :D

Here's my "oldest" piece, anyway:

l_cc17094c58ba16a488696b211fa6c6b9.jpg

the smartest of you should recognize the guy with me - who's less sweating than me despite HE had just played a gig and I had attended it :Smug:

I did have another from then

it was a black T that had the five band members in silhouette outlines (in grey or silver), band name across the top

Sadly it disappeared with my old set lists that I had and a chunk of Grinham cymbal that fell off in Southampton

As the T was black it was a lot better at hiding spilt guinness

Now that's what I call an artefact! You should frame it once you have all the signatures...and probably also apply artists' stray so that the autographs and the Guiness stains don't fade over time.

As this is early merchandise, you can tell that the brand and image that we know had not been established yet. The logo's format reminds me a bit of Metallica's or even Testament's.

That Clone t-shirt rules! Would be nice if the band could re-do limited editions of each t-shirt for fans who discovered the band at a later stage.

the smartest of you should recognize the guy with me - who's less sweating than me despite HE had just played a gig and I had attended it :Smug:

Hey...that's Steve 'Kiwi' Scott of Power Quest!

Another non-gig memory that comes to my mind was when I sent out an e-card to family and friends for my wedding. I decided to send an e-card because I couldn't afford to send a paper card to everybody around the world. Also since I was studying web design, it was a great way to put all that knowledge into practice.

At this point in time, I was merely a devoted fan and was not involved with Threshold as I am now. I sent an e-card to both Richard and Karl along with many other invites.

Whilst they were unable to make it (the wedding was held in Mauritius) both Richard and Karl responded with an email to wish me all the best for the wedding, whilst some people supposedly within my circle of family and friends didn't even bother responding.

How cool and so much more meaningful is it that two 'strangers' responded in such a warm fashion: not just with 'congratulations' or 'all the best' but with a proper e-mail explaining why they couldn't make it and offering their best wishes. Awesome!

I would rate that memory very close to the top FG! I can imagine it was a great feeling for you to have some friendly responses from the threshold boys :)
I have always thought - it would be great to not only have them at the wedding, but have perform at a wedding! \m/

Well, it was quite an expected scenario, Threshold gave excellent performance, Mac was drunk and unprofessional as usual and it was great to meet the band after years of admiration. Still wonderful to remember how sunny and positive that day was.

Ah my first Threshold show was Bospop 2001. A memorial day whith a great line-up Savatage (John stil singing then), Megadeth, After Forever with special guests Ambeon (Arjen Lucassen performing live....), Apocalyptica, Paradise Lost, Porcupine Three and Threshold.

Knowing some Threshold, due to Damian his guest-starring, i was quite excited to see this band. I had 3 Threshold albums, both with Damian and Clojne at that time. and i liked the music well enough.

The Festival started out quite good, i had a laugh at the Nashville Pussy Show, enjoyed Paradise Lost eventhough they were not as heavy anymore and i saw Vengeance for my first time. And then it was time for Threshold...

Threshold came up and it was my first live introduction with the band. The music sounded good and i was hoping for a good show and then i noticed Mac who was already completely drunk, eventhough it was still early in the afternoon. And Mac really impressed me with his unprofessionality that day.
His antics included ludricous stuff like climbing the light arc and trying to cross the ligthbridge, which could not support his weigth and other ludricous anthics.

I was so in aw that i had no intrest in Threshold afterwards, i've neglected the band after that and only got interested after hearing Critical Mass somewhere. And even then i had no interest in seeing them live...
And now that Damian is back i've seen almost every Dutch show since then.

2 Having not seen the "record deal version" of the band I finally made up for it at Rotherham in 2007. I took along my Mother Earth T Shirt bought from Tony Grinhams other half, Sarah, in the Compasses, probably for 3 or 4 pounds. It hasnt worn well with some good ageing (or rather staining, probably guinness) but it is still clear what it is. I asked each member of the band to do their best with a black marker pen and voila - the shirt is below. The ambition now is to track down all the others...

met.jpg

Hi BDTM. I intended trying to get my Mother Earth shirt signed by the guys who were in the band at the time it was produced. I had no idea you have done something similar.
I'm gonna take mine to the gig at The Peel next month. Sadly, I will not be modelling it in the "catwalk" thread as, like yours probably, it has been well worn over the years and is now see-through :oops:

I'm taking mine too - just in case anyone interesting turns up as it's so close to the roots of the band. It would be great to get the full set and would satisfy my burning nerdi-itis

I have also discovered the probable whereabouts of a former member (still to be verified - I am not a stalker, it was by accident!!!) so if I get any joy I'll let you know!!!

Don't hold your breath, though I must admit it would be nice to see a former member or two.
Which member are you trying to trace BDTM?
Jon still lives in the same town he was in when he was in the band. Tony is still in the same area. (I went to Tony's wedding last Summer and saw Jon for the first time since he left the band). I doubt they will attend the gig, but it would be nice to see Nick. No idea if that's a possibility though.

First of May I went to Uden to attend the Threshold show. It was really awesome ! Especially Light and Space.
After the show I met Damian and asked his autograph. He is a really nice person. He takes time for everyone !
In October I am going to Uden again for DWB. What a wonderful life !

:wave: