Should Marijuana be legalized?

There is alot in the drug topic. But you seem to be focusing on weed.

My feelings are yes and no.

Yes only because of how they are screwing up everybodys employment record with this random urine testing bullshit. It really only weeds out the dope smokers and in my opinion is highly prejudice toward dope smokers only. Criminalizing dope smokers while contemplating legalizing gay marraige and much other bullshit congress wastes their time on insults my intellegence.

No because our gov doesnt deserve one cent of tax money on sales of weed and trust me they will want MUCH. No because if its legalized no one will be able to afford it as if they can anyhow. No because it will still be illegal to grow, so nothing changes there. No because it will still be illegal to drive under the influence as if weed makes bad drivers... then what? the pigs will be pulling people from cars and making them piss in cups ? The way weed pops out in urine tests you could be busted for driving under the influence if the last time you smoked was the previous weekend.

For decades I've been from a full blown stoner in my teens and 20's, to a random smoker and have never once prior to this random drug testing felt it should be legal.

I agree totally with razoredge, the goverments of the countries would get shitloads of money if it was legalized. At least in the country I live in, Greece, the goverment would put so many taxes on its percentages of sale that will only make life easier for the corrupted members of our goverment.

On the other hand if it was legal you wouldn't be marked as a 'black sheep' if it was ever detected from your urine sample..

Gosh, I don't know....

It would be better if governments made money out of it instead of criminal drug dealers though.

My answer is also: yes and no.

If I ruled then I would say: legalise drugs that quickly kill off degenerates. Make sure they are effective.

But that is far-fetched.

I don't want people being too drugged to think straight most of the day, or putting worthy lives in danger by driving or working in certain jobs while drugged up or for anyone to imagine they can have healthy children when they use such chemicals. And I believe the links between marijuana and mental illness. Also when someone decides to do something which they know could damage their health they are unlikely to care about other dangers such as nearby factories belching out toxins into the atmosphere compared with someone who is more clean-living. So this is good news for those who want the public to accept such pollution.

However if someone can just smoke a joint safely and with no external costs to society then it doesn't really bother me. And in some cases it may do someone more good than harm - eg for pain relief.

Will society be safer for normal people if marijuana is legalised or more dangerous? That's what it comes down to.

And I believe the links between marijuana and mental illness.

TBH long lost friend of mine was in a mental clinic for some months, he was a pot head for almost 8 years.
Although he had other 'problems' too I have a feeling marijuana helped his brain going off the wall...

If I ruled then I would say: legalise drugs that quickly kill off degenerates. Make sure they are effective.

Sweet in a funny kind of way.

Those that need to chill out would do good by a little reefer, highly unlikely a dope head would knock over an old lady for her money, rob a liquor store

Im not sure about the mental health, Im not perfect but dont feel any such effects. I have been more challenged/stressed by the economic/cultural/class and "comming down on LAW" changes in the past 2 decades and I think its that, not that I smoked. So I do question some of the "its because they smoked dope" scenerio for those like myself that can get overly intense or depressed about some current issues.

I would say it contributes some to memory loss. Not complete loss but more when trying to pin point older/distant details, like "on the tip of my tongue but cant come up with the word or name" kind of stuff. Then I may have always had this problem...

I only over indulged my late teens thru 20?.... 1 or 2. I dont recommend it at that level by any means. As with those that could use to chill out, over indulgence could make someone too chilled, too at ease, slack over things they shouldnt be, like taking life as seriously as it requires, especially at that youthful age.

People are different so a real natural born slacker that becomes a dope head slacker would have still been a slacker regardless. Ive been around straight people that simply weren't worth spit in the work field and all my buddys that lived through the same stuff as myself are hard working, ambitious, successful, some very much so.... and sane too !

I still didn't give my opinion but for me too it's yes and no (and sorry for the writing errors english is my second language.)

I think it whould be legalized because this way governements would make more money to invest on hospitals and things since they loose so much money fighting weed's sellers. Also i think that most people knows where to stop with weed's (at least the people i know that smoke and me alway know when it start to take to much place and try to stop for a little while).

But i think that no because of course the governements would tax it like hell. I also have a friend that started smoking last september and he's already going sequel. He is alway high and i doubt that legalizing weeds would help him and other people like this. I also think that it is people like this that get worse and start doing really bad shits like mush, then speed and it keep going down until they are on streets and on crack and completely shitty.

But i think that for 1 people that becomes all shitty there is 9 that take it cool and that it's good for them, since it doesnt affect their lifestyle so much and that it just bring fun to them.

So even if the bad points i think it should be legalized since it's no worse for the health than cigarettes or cigars. I think there should be laws like you are not allowed to smoke unless you are 18 (or 21 in other countries)because i know a lot of young people (12 or 13) that smoke and that obviously are not intelligent enough to see that too much is bad. Like i know another guy that wanted to smoke a 1 ounce joint but he is a dumbass.

I still didn't give my opinion but for me too it's yes and no (and sorry for the writing errors english is my second language.)

I think it whould be legalized because this way governements would make more money to invest on hospitals and things since they loose so much money fighting weed's sellers. Also i think that most people knows where to stop with weed's (at least the people i know that smoke and me alway know when it start to take to much place and try to stop for a little while).

But i think that no because of course the governements would tax it like hell. I also have a friend that started smoking last september and he's already going sequel. He is alway high and i doubt that legalizing weeds would help him and other people like this. I also think that it is people like this that get worse and start doing really bad shits like mush, then speed and it keep going down until they are on streets and on crack and completely shitty.

But i think that for 1 people that becomes all shitty there is 9 that take it cool and that it's good for them, since it doesnt affect their lifestyle so much and that it just bring fun to them.

So even if the bad points i think it should be legalized since it's no worse for the health than cigarettes or cigars. I think there should be laws like you are not allowed to smoke unless you are 18 (or 21 in other countries)because i know a lot of young people (12 or 13) that smoke and that obviously are not intelligent enough to see that too much is bad. Like i know another guy that wanted to smoke a 1 ounce joint but he is a dumbass.

Exactly. People don't become twisted sociopaths just by toking up once or twice a week. Weed is not addictive and does have any real detrimental effects when used in moderation. Additionally, the illegality of it is precisely one of the reasons you see young kids getting into trouble with it - since it's illegal, it's perceived as 'cool' and kids who are too young to be responsible with it will go and start using it. It's just like alcohol in that sense - if you look at a country like China or France, where the legal drinking age is very low or nonexistent, problems with young kids getting trashed on the stuff are very few, if any, since the widespread, ubiquitous availability of alcohol makes it very mundane. Alcohol is MUCH more dangerous than marijuana, and it's legal.

marrijuanna should be legalized because it's a thousand times safer than salvia divinorum
and salvia is legal even though marijuanna isn't
this is horrendously stupid because marijuanna is unequivocably the safest of all the illegal substances

humans are going to get themselves intoxicated, it's gonna keep happening there's nothing any politian can do to stop it, it's just part of human nature, it's part of who we are as a species
now having said that, i think that if a person is going to be intoxicated, i think they should be safe about it, and mariuanna's the safest thing out there (in terms of intoxicants) everyone was so surprized and shocked and pissed off about Michael Phelps smoking weed, when in reality we should have been happy as hell that he was only using merely weed instead of ice, crack cocaine, cheese heroin, Xanax, LSD, PCP, etc etc etc, his marijuanna usage did less damage to his body than the alchohol drinking, he's gonna die of liver failure and that's okay because alchohol is legal, but it's all over the news non-stop when he gets gaught smoking weed?!?!? what the fucking hell is wrong with this country?

I smoke weeds quite a lot and i'm in the enriched classes at school, i have good grades and i dont study... Brain cells damaged?

I just realized weed will never be legalized due to the drug test process. As I understand it only shows presence of drugs not what drug. This would make it impossible to identify between say weed and coke without more extensive and expensive testing. This would foil their little game and thy government doth not likeith their divine little games being tampered with.

This seems to lend itself to the driving under influence as well. Can you imagine them pulling people over to pee in a cup "because their eyes are bloodshot". So this means anyone with tired looking eyes, which includes much of the hard labor force, older people, and various other reasons for bloodshot or glassy eyes would be under the scrutiny of urine tests which are inconclusive as to when a drug was used in the first place. So now any suspect would need to be hauled off to a hospitol for a blood test......

This is beyond my field of precise knowledge so someone correct me if Im wrong.

I wholeheartedly support the legalization of marijuana for a number of reasons. One reason is that the enforcement of existing laws regarding marijuana, and the drug war in general, is a monumental waste of money (but then again, the amount the government spends on it looks like chump change in these days of trillion dollar "stimulus" packages and bailouts). But for government this sort of thing is par for the course; they extort money from the productive and use it for unproductive projects, all in the name of protecting us from ourselves.

I wholeheartedly support the legalization of marijuana for a number of reasons. One reason is that the enforcement of existing laws regarding marijuana, and the drug war in general, is a monumental waste of money (but then again, the amount the government spends on it looks like chump change in these days of trillion dollar "stimulus" packages and bailouts). But for government this sort of thing is par for the course; they extort money from the productive and use it for unproductive projects, all in the name of protecting us from ourselves.

No because our gov doesnt deserve one cent of tax money on sales of weed and trust me they will want MUCH.

So it's better that our tax money go toward arresting and jailing pot smokers, and destroying all their crops? I think not.

No because if its legalized no one will be able to afford it as if they can anyhow. No because it will still be illegal to grow, so nothing changes there.

You're just making assumptions here. Plenty of ordinary people can still afford cigarettes, even if it's a huge drain on their wallet. And since weed is minimally addictive, there won't be as many people purchasing it on a daily/weekly basis. Plus, how do you know it won't be legal to grow? And even more, why does that even matter? Obviously people will continue to grow it anyway regardless of whether it's legal.

No because it will still be illegal to drive under the influence as if weed makes bad drivers... then what? the pigs will be pulling people from cars and making them piss in cups ? The way weed pops out in urine tests you could be busted for driving under the influence if the last time you smoked was the previous weekend.

More assumptions. If the police have come up with relatively reliable tests for alcohol intoxication, they can do the same for cannabis intoxication.

For decades I've been from a full blown stoner in my teens and 20's, to a random smoker and have never once prior to this random drug testing felt it should be legal.

That's nice, but I'd say your reasoning behind that is pretty flawed.

So it's better that our tax money go toward arresting and jailing pot smokers, and destroying all their crops? I think not.

:)I agree

http://chicagoist.com/2006/05/17/man_doesnt_get_caught_with_25_mil_of_pot.php

Found that while trying to find out how much money is spent on weed fight every year.

USA spent 13.3 billions in 1995 i wonder how much it was in 2008 but i cant find...

Quite an interesting article even if it is old:

http://www.nationalfamilies.org/publications/about_nfia/amsterdam.html

It was during hard economic times that alcool got legalized, i think it's time for weed... And anyway i dont think anyone didn't try it or tought about it.

:headbang::Smokin:

You're just making assumptions here. Plenty of ordinary people can still afford cigarettes, even if it's a huge drain on their wallet. And since weed is minimally addictive, there won't be as many people purchasing it on a daily/weekly basis. Plus, how do you know it won't be legal to grow? And even more, why does that even matter? Obviously people will continue to grow it anyway regardless of whether it's legal.

More assumptions. If the police have come up with relatively reliable tests for alcohol intoxication, they can do the same for cannabis intoxication.

That's nice, but I'd say your reasoning behind that is pretty flawed.

Nice random post when you havent even been in on the conversation. Me making assumptions ? Ok, so alcohol is easy with a breathalizer, whats going to work with reefer ? Two three hits from weed has you zooming.... 45 minutes later you can be fine. Yet its traceable in your blood and urine for weeks. Im not making assumptions Im just going from what I know.

Really nice attack me like Im some dumb fuck and dont offer any knowledge of your own... WTF ?

Destroying crops, yeah thats what happens and is what will happen if its legal, ever heard of ATF ? Do you know its still illegal to bootleg even though alcohol is illegal ?

Jailed pot smokers ? I never really know of any, most are harrassed in hope of finding bigger wheels in the drug trade or to scare away from a life of drugs... you wanna make me think any of that is a bad thing ? Lotsa luck

People still buy smokes because they are addicted to nicotine, I have a problem with government capitalizing on this. Problem with that ? DILLIGAF ? Any "sin" taxs are discriminative taxs... period, nothing should be subjet to any more than sales tax.

So people buy less weed than smokes so there isnt much tax dollars ? HUH ? Whatever the given percentage is will be on the value, its still huge bucks for a government that doesnt deserve what they get now. I just dont get how you can say I have an assumption problem ?

Why does legal to grow matter ? Because there is no benefit to users that grow their own between legal and illegal then so there is no gain, its still the same old bullshit.

Do I have a problem with governemtn spending money of drug trade, fuck no, Im sure much is wasted and I have a problem with that but they can go after dealers all they want and I wish them success. I have known many and they are scum bags that get what they deserve. So lets support legalization so some fucking corporation gets to be the fucking scumbags and they and our government capitalize off it... I think not

Whos got flawed reasoning ? :lol:

:)I agree

http://chicagoist.com/2006/05/17/man_doesnt_get_caught_with_25_mil_of_pot.php

Found that while trying to find out how much money is spent on weed fight every year.

USA spent 13.3 billions in 1995 i wonder how much it was in 2008 but i cant find...

Quite an interesting article even if it is old:

http://www.nationalfamilies.org/publications/about_nfia/amsterdam.html

It was during hard economic times that alcool got legalized, i think it's time for weed... And anyway i dont think anyone didn't try it or tought about it.

:headbang::Smokin:

OK, first of all that is 13.3 billion for DRUGS.... not weed... OK ?

Once again anybody that has a problem with DRUGS being illegal can kiss my ass, or grow the fuck up, one or the other. But forget kissing my ass you will be kissing the ass of government and the majority of the population in what ever country you live in. IT AINT NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. Get over it and find a more worthy battle to fight like the coruption in government, the unnecessary wasteful expence of government, the disasters and human explotation free piggish capitalism has caused, what fucking ever, fry the big fish and stop worrying about the petty bullshit.

For fucks sake I'd rather see them spend less spanking everyone for driving too fast, all their little traffic god games then the by comparision petty amount they spend going after scumbag drug dealers. If there is anyway to save on drug defence spending it would be to stop the bullshit, pull the plug and just get the job done. If it wasnt for all those other drugs, all the bullshit that goes with them... WEED WOULD BE LEGAL