Slickest Production

Dazed and Brutal

Yall About to Witness
May 16, 2006
Winterless New Jersey
While I was at football camp I often found myself scrolling through my iPod in between breaks. And I decided to listen to Lamb of God's "Ashes of Wake" Though I feel this album is quite weak in comparison to the New American Gospel, I noticed how incredible the production was "Ashes the Wake". It's almost too tight to even sound human. We all no that Black metal takes the cake in raw production (which is often takin wayyyy too far), but I was wondering what you guys prefer in terms of production?

I seem to fine myself thinking my favorite sounding album would have to be Gorgut's "The Erosion of Sanity".

Edit: BTW, I also the Candlemass's Epicus Doomicus Metallicus has an amazing production sound.

I think that the production on "Reinkaos" by Dissection is fucking superb, regardless what you may think about the music. Same goes for Emperor's "IX Equilibrium".

I'm glad that someone is interested. My personal best is "Filth Catalyst" album. Try "Perdition Insanabilis" album at the beginning, then you will dig to the rest. "M33 Constellation" and "Words Of Flesh" are their best tracks IMO.

VadimVon said:
I think that the production on "Reinkaos" by Dissection is fucking superb, regardless what you may think about the music. Same goes for Emperor's "IX Equilibrium".

Your sig just gave me a seizure, those symbols and colors are sick. Yea that was off topic, but it freaked me out.

I don't know why but that black burning guy in your sig reminds me of Jules from Pulp Fiction.

(M)aggoT said:
I don't know why but that black burning guy in your sig reminds me of Jules from Pulp Fiction.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Actually, the avatar space is too small and its a pretty large-format image. But its not a black guy, trust me!:lol: Again, click on my sig.

death cult armageddon had great production. also, the last 2 emperor albums and pretty much all of the opeth albums have great production
~gR~

VadimVon said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Actually, the avatar space is too small and its a pretty large-format image. But its not a black guy, trust me!:lol: Again, click on my sig.

I was talking to MetalNoob.

(M)aggoT said:
that black burning guy in your sig...

...is a pink floyd cover? :erk: :rolleyes: :Smug:

burzum. broken social scene. radiohead. emperor "anthems". old cardigans. frog eyes. nick drake "pink moon" but not the other two. andrew bird. six organs of admittance. jolie holland "catalpa".

Dissection -Reinkaos. Great newer production without clicky instruments. I enjoy the music a lot. The Somberlain and Storm of The Lights bane are classics and trying to recreate that would have been lame. A past moment can not be captured again. thumbs up to jon

The Greys said:
Dissection -Reinkaos. Great newer production without clicky instruments. I enjoy the music a lot. The Somberlain and Storm of The Lights bane are classics and trying to recreate that would have been lame. A past moment can not be captured again. thumbs up to jon
Fuck yes! Reinkaos is great!