So the SOT kids are planning a secession...

I am with Heliologue and Lee B on this (as well as a few others). Deron runs what is essentially a business and behind those leud jokes and indecent pictures is a business which at some point or another must actually appear professional. While I disagree with many of Deron's administration decisions I at least understand what his angle is and what he intends to do.

In some instances he has been incredibly lenient: allowing DE to come back after hacking the board and accepting Profanity's exorbitant posting sessions. Other scenarios have shown him to rely on knee-jerk reactions as concerned with Black Dragon and Hopkins. I do questions Deron's ability to moderate this board. And it appears that the only reason Mark sold it to him was that Deron was actually willing to run this mess.

I do, however, object to SoT becoming the sink unit in the UM military. All the miscreants and outcasts who cannot get along at other forums are sent to SoT. It is as if Deron is waiting to send us out in a Charge-of-the-Light-Brigade-esqe battle and thus ensuring the destruction of the lot of us; which is considerably unfair because behind the dick and fart jokes SoT does have some of the best minds of any board who sometimes do talk about subjects which requires thought above that of the average human.

mousewings said:
SOT are like the anyoneseenthebridge.com people One of them hacked into the board too and was later banned. They shut the place down after an ex-couple there posted nude pics of each other.

SOTers should go to astb.

Holy fuck.

I used to post on the Bridge. Until I got banned. So howdy!

Nogie said:
Holy fuck.

I used to post on the Bridge. Until I got banned. So howdy!
Hello! Who were you on the bridge? What were you banned for? "I am 1001" is also an ex-bridger who was banned. I don't remember your username. Mine's still active there, but being tired of the drama and hypocrisy, I don't go there anymore. Remember Don't Drink the Water and Paul/Earthless? Hehe

markgugs said:
I think every person named thus far in this thread was a moron, though I might be incorrectly remembering them. I'm pretty sure though. The Opeth board was my favorite place to flame idiots, though. "http://ultimatemetal.com/forum/images/smilies/firedevil.gif
Yeah, remember when you tried to tell me I was scared of you because you didn't know what a compressor was?

Hahhaha, golden! :worship:

The question I propose is. Who the fuck cares?!?!?!?!?

Good gracious great balls of fire!!!!! 99% of the members of SOT are royal douchebags. If they can't abide by the rules of a friggin message board forum, then go find somewhere else to dull each other. People take the internet way to seriously. Just be happy that you shits have a place to socialize with one another. It's about the only social interaction you will most likely be subjugated to. As any communication with a living human being in a real life situation would leave you clammy and flustered by your own social inadequacies! Who the hell wants to see two faggots making out? I sure the hell don't! If you depraved and dim-wittingly disproportioned dignataries of dullness would actually conjure up an intelligent thought once in awhile, as opposed to resorting to childish humor that makes yucko the clown sound like Albert Einstein. Then maybe you would all realize, that bitching about a meaningless thing such as a messageboard is futile to your own productivity. The productivity of getting laid you sissified virgins! So put down your mouse, take a shower, and go buy a girl a drink. If you get her wasted enough, she may overlook your social shortcomings and ineptitude at face to face interaction and take your cherry! (Directed at Sot dicks, not my beloved RC friends)

Atlas Shrugged said:
The question I propose is. Who the fuck cares?!?!?!?!?

Good gracious great balls of fire!!!!! 99% of the members of SOT are royal douchebags. If they can't abide by the rules of a friggin message board forum, then go find somewhere else to dull each other. People take the internet way to seriously. Just be happy that you shits have a place to socialize with one another. It's about the only social interaction you will most likely be subjugated to. As any communication with a living human being in a real life situation would leave you clammy and flustered by your own social inadequacies! Who the hell wants to see two faggots making out? I sure the hell don't! If you depraved and dim-wittingly disproportioned dignataries of dullness would actually conjure up an intelligent thought once in awhile, as opposed to resorting to childish humor that makes yucko the clown sound like Albert Einstein. Then maybe you would all realize, that bitching about a meaningless thing such as a messageboard is futile to your own productivity. The productivity of getting laid you sissified virgins! So put down your mouse, take a shower, and go buy a girl a drink. If you get her wasted enough, she may overlook your social shortcomings and ineptitude at face to face interaction and take your cherry! (Directed at Sot dicks, not my beloved RC friends)
Jesus Anal raping Christ, isn't that the pot calling the tea kettle black. AllWithinMyMonster:wave:

Protected Witness said:
Yeah, remember when you tried to tell me I was scared of you because you didn't know what a compressor was?

Hahhaha, golden! :worship:
I don't remember telling you that you were "scared" of me. But I certainly remember telling you that you were an idiot. My opinion hasn't changed much incidentally.

Now shoo.

P.S. It was WAV file compression, not a music compressor. You kept on about it being a compressor. Just to set the record straight.

I predicted that this thread would get swarmed by SOT posters when I first saw it last night. What I didn't expect was a thoroughly decent discussion of the recent happenings. Cheers.

JayKeeley, I will hold you. I just ate a big lunch though, don't squeeze too hard. :dopey:

Heliologue said:
Tries to sound intelligent, but comes off as a dimwit. Way to add nothing to the conversation, genius.
I never do anyways, I was just pointing out that AWMM is just as big of an asshole as the rest of us.

[edit]I relize now that you might have been talking about AWMM, if so oh well, if not, oh well.

So many old In Flames board members here. Hallo! :)

As for all of the comments about 99% of SoTers are douchebags, SoT is the armpit of UM, blah blah this, blah blah that... I really think not. Yes there is a lot of spam among other things, but it's all in good fun. That's what I'm here to do, as I am sure a lot of others are too. I'm here to get myself a laugh and to also soak in some information... both of which can be done at SoT. The 99% of the members being douchebags; that comment is shite. I'd say it's probably about a 70/30 of people that aren't douches to people that are.

All of this said, I do think that Deron has done the right thing, but it is still fun to, well, poke fun at the whole situation. Of course I am going to critisize it, if for nothing other than a laugh. Like I said, that's what I'm here to do. Get a laugh and soak in some information. As a senior moderator myself, I respect what Deron has done to the fullest extent, but I do believe that the whole issue could be taken a little bit better, on his side, and on the side of the people at SoT.

edit: *adds forum to bookmarks*

mousewings said:
Hello! Who were you on the bridge? What were you banned for? "I am 1001" is also an ex-bridger who was banned. I don't remember your username. Mine's still active there, but being tired of the drama and hypocrisy, I don't go there anymore. Remember Don't Drink the Water and Paul/Earthless? Hehe
Yeah, I was GreyStreetRaven and then I am Ten Thousand and One. I was basically banned for no good reason, just like here!

I don't remember DDTW, but I do remember Earthless/FOXNews whore.

squarenothing66 said:
edit: *adds forum to bookmarks*
Remember when we (the RC board) were dicks to everybody? Now people come along and stick around, it's sort of funny. Even AWMM called us assholes or something to that effect at first, and now he calls us "beloved friends." :lol:

Nogie said:
Yeah, I was GreyStreetRaven and then I am Ten Thousand and One. I was basically banned for no good reason, just like here!

I don't remember DDTW, but I do remember Earthless/FOXNews whore.
Oh, so you switched names... boy, do you have bad luck w/being banned. Stay here. They don't ban anyone.

Paul was later banned too for insulting the mod's Slipknot photography. :p

One Inch Man said:
Remember when we (the RC board) were dicks to everybody? Now people come along and stick around, it's sort of funny. Even AWMM called us assholes or something to that effect at first, and now he calls us "beloved friends." :lol:

Lol, One Inch...What can I say? This is the most sensible forum on UM. I have nothing but regard and partiality for you all!

mousewings said:
Stay here. They don't ban anyone.
People have been banned here. Correction, utterly worthless assholes have been banned here, not very many though. :)
Atlas Shrugged said:
Lol, One Inch...What can I say? This is the most sensible forum on UM. I have nothing but regard and partiality for you all!
:worship: