so, when the album leaks

Watch someone post up here about the leak saying the album is a piece of shit! That it's their worst one or something. I'd hate that - and yes, I'm one of the few here that will wait to download it.

*lol* Is that a question?
I'll be looking for it every day from now on. :p

And as I did it with Octavarium for example I'll buy the original as soon as it's released.

Saber Rider said:
*lol* Is that a question?
I'll be looking for it every day from now on. :p

And as I did it with Octavarium for example I'll buy the original as soon as it's released.

How is Octavarium compared to their back catalog?..I was thinking about picking it up...thanks... :Spin:

@flu boy
It is worth the buy. Definitely. The titletrack alone is among their best songs ever.
Plus, there's really something for almost every taste. From ProgRock to Thrash.
Also the artwork kicks ass.

Saber Rider said:
@flu boy
It is worth the buy. Definitely. The titletrack alone is among their best songs ever.
Plus, there's really something for almost every taste. From ProgRock to Thrash.
Also the artwork kicks ass.

...thanks for the word...may pick it up in a bit...just got the new porcupine tree today...still listening to it for the first time...humm...interesting....different from the last two... :D

Ill wait. Mikael was pretty pissed when people on this forum talked about downloading Deadwing..you really think hes going to be much happier if you d/l this album early? Shit people, i want it as much as any of you, but have a little consideration for the band...they've worked hard. The least you can do is wait those extra few weeks.

the_3_toed_sloth said:
Ill wait. Mikael was pretty pissed when people on this forum talked about downloading Deadwing..you really think hes going to be much happier if you d/l this album early? Shit people, i want it as much as any of you, but have a little consideration for the band...they've worked hard. The least you can do is wait those extra few weeks.

:cool: Well said, dude. Well said.
Cheers to that!

In all honesty, I'd be DAMN disappointed upon the release of the album knowing exactly what's going to be on there. Heck, I want this experience to be 100% kick-ass.

the_3_toed_sloth said:

...here here...

I don't come to this board often, so I don't know about Mikael being upset about Deadwing. But he, along with the rest of the band are big boys now, and I don't give a fuck if it upsets him in the slightest. My goal in life isn't to make Opeth happy, I am a paying customer and love the music, but that's it. I will download it as soon as I get the chance, and will purchase it as I have done with every Opeth album.

Yeah, the band may have worked hard, but in this day and age, they have to expect it to leak, and you know what, if people love it, big deal if they heard it early, as long as they buy the finished product.