soccer... and sand....

As you can see, I'm not particularly popular with my friends during soccer/football/calcio season.

I always tell them that croquet is more interesting.

Au contraire, mon frere...'tis football that's trendy. It's the biggest sport in the world.

If I ever played football (soccer), I'd be banned from playing forever by officials. As soon as someone starts faking an injury, I'd give them a real injury and a real reason to whine like a bitch.

It's total bullshit. How many times have you seen metalheads moshing and get punched in the fucking face at a concert, or hit the concert floor face first, or have ribs and shit broken in a mosh pit, and they get right back up and keep doing it, or at least get up and walk over to the side? Soccer players roll around on the ground for half an hour because they tripped. On soft grass.

Soccer players = pussies

Mmm. I don't like all the show around it either, but don't underestimate football injuries. Players frequently get kicked off the field with broken bones.

Plus, despite all that, it's a great sport, and many people who hate it have no idea what it's about.

Dead Winter said:
I've struggled with why soccer annoys me, and at first I thought it was because the players are just a bunch of pansies who whine every time they fall down and have to get carried off the field every time they break an eyelash.

Which is a big reason why hockey > soccer. Sure, I'm biased because hockey is the only sport I can really get into while watching but I really do find it more interesting than all other sports. Arena football should get a notable mention too.

I've seen some really fucked up injuries in soccer, though, as you've said. Of course, not everyone are pansies...just the Italians, :lol:.

If I were playing soccer, and Zidan did that cheap-shot and head-butted me in the chest, I'd have head-butted him right in the face.

That's just because I'm American, though, and we're an aggressive lot, we are. It wouldn't have been the smartest thing to do, but we don't care. :lol:

I saw a video of fights in soccer matches one time...it looked like a bunch of girls pulling hair and slapping each other.

No shit!!!! Did you see how fast he went down? Zidan just NUDGED him with his head...it was almost like they just ran into each other by accident, if you look at the replay. It was intentional, but it wasn't enough to knock someone down.

Seriously, that's a big problem in Italy, no joke. The "men" here are kinda waif-y and sensitive...the women are the ones with the biggest balls.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! THE COLLARS!!!!! FINALLY!!!! SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the facial grooming! What is the deal with Egyptian hieroglyphics on their face???

I was watching the news one day, and the anchorman had a clefted chin. He shaved his whole face except for a single thin line of hair running straight down the middle of his chin. It looked like either a hairy asscrack or the shrimp turds you remove from the middle of the piece of meat when you peel them.

And we can't fail to mention the men who dress completely in WHITE. It's like they WANT to look like John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever.

Do they just not realize how downright silly it looks?

Really? Indoors? Dude, that sounds like southern Italians. That's a whooooooooooole different can of worms.

Where I live everything is pretty much in order. People don't take life too seriously, but they're quite organized and have a really, really strong work ethic. Actually, I'd say their work ethic is too strong in this part of Italy.

All the inability to form a line, the inability to park a car in one spot, the inability to not attract the world's attention to themselves due to them shouting on their cellphones in the middle of a restaurant...that's all south of Rome, :lol:.

They eat fucking well, though...even if that's the only thing they do well down there, :lol:.

I bet it's fun as hell and a huge cardio workout. I'd love to try it.

hell yeah, soccer in sand is lots of fun, and very tiring. That is how some latin american teams practice, in the sand, and that is why they are (or maybe were) miles ahead of everyone in soccer.

I like regular soccer better, more fun to play, cause there is no sand going in between your toes which feels really uncomfortable to kick with

I call it "That game all the Portuguese jerk off to." They love it as much as they do Jesus here.