Some prog/power albums I've been spinning as of late...

markgugs said:
I've now listened to this a few times through too. Let's put it this way: PERFECT example of why downloading albums is cool. Just saved $14 :p
Oh hell yeah. More often than not, when I blind buy, I lose. But sometimes, it's just fun to go nuts at the CD store. Yeah... look who I'm tellin.:loco:

Zod

I gave Battleroar a 6.75/10, and that's only because there are 3 awesome tracks that kept the score as high as that. In other words, I wouldn't be buying this one.

Now checking out Black Majesty - Silent Company
silentcompany_cover_200x200.jpg

Silent Company 2005
Dragon Reborn 06:05
02. Silent Company 04:28
03. Six Ribbons 03:22
04. Firestorm 05:27
05. New Horizons 05:28
06. Darkened Room 05:13
07. Visionary 04:46
08. Never Surrender 04:36
A Better Way To Die 07:37

Battleroar isn't worth buying but "Vampire Killers" or whatever it's called has the damned catchiest chorus I've heard in a while.

P.S. Any album scoring less than 8/10 isn't worth buying.

JayKeeley said:
Battleroar isn't worth buying but "Vampire Killers" or whatever it's called has the damned catchiest chorus I've heard in a while.

Yep, that's the point I'm getting to now. Though I admit to taking it case-by-case for albums in the 7.5 range as well.

Ali, since I saw your "new power metal bands" thread in the PP forum, you should really check out Black Majesty. That's a damned fine slice of power metal for 2005.

JayKeeley said:

It is a very slow grower. It gets better and better every time. AT first I actuallu didnt like it at all. Storm Before The Calm and Siegecraft are fucking phenomenal.

JayKeeley, go back and revisit Airged Lamh - The Silver Arm. Album of the Decade so far. :worship:

Doomcifer said:
It is a very slow grower. It gets better and better every time. AT first I actuallu didnt like it at all. Storm Before The Calm and Siegecraft are fucking phenomenal.

JayKeeley, go back and revisit Airged Lamh - The Silver Arm. Album of the Decade so far. :worship:

I actually have Airged L'amh on my "want" list after reading several stellar reviews.

As for Battleroar, it's decent, but I doubt it'll ever grow on me that much.