Some prog/power albums I've been spinning as of late...

OK I'll get it to you by way of Zod. [/winkwink]

Actually, as it plays on, I suddenly realize there is a huge Thrash element to this album. Maybe it's because I just listened to "State of Euphoria" but I dunno, this is like thrash/heavy/folk'ish metal. It's just an oddity really....I bet I'll be digging this on the 2nd listen.

EDIT: It's early Blind Guardian!! Now I've got my finger on it. It's when BG were speed tolkien metal.

JayKeeley said:
OK I'll get it to you by way of Zod. [/winkwink]

Actually, as it plays on, I suddenly realize there is a huge Thrash element to this album. Maybe it's because I just listened to "State of Euphoria" but I dunno, this is like thrash/heavy/folk'ish metal. It's just an oddity really....I bet I'll be digging this on the 2nd listen.

EDIT: It's early Blind Guardian!! Now I've got my finger on it. It's when BG were speed tolkien metal.

I'm pretty sure early Blind Guardian is the band that comes up most often as an influence to this band.

General Zod said:
Did you just rank Scalzi with Kiske?

Scalzi = Slough Feg
Kiske = Helloween
Kursch = Blind Guardian

Airged L'amh is a combination of those three bands, hence the comparison to whoever sings on this CD. Hang on...his name is Steve Venardo.

markgugs said:
Dio's great, but just not up there with the 4 I mentioned, IMO. He's got a powerful voice, an unmistakeable voice, obviously, but nowhere near the range of those 4 greats.

Which is ironic because he's a better live singer than any of them TODAY.

F Jorn Lande.

Three words: Burn. the. Sun.