Songs Opeth should cover (or not...)

Dude. Welcome to the Machine. That song is so disturbing, it just fits the general Opeth mood.

I've always thought Opeth could do a great cover of Ozzy Osbournes Diary of a Madman.Or even Pantera Floods.But I think the world is overdue for a death metal cover of the Spanish Flea-that song's awesome!

I'd rather them not cover songs, or at least not often. They always do a decent job at them, but their originals are always way better.

I think they covered Soldier of Fortune and Circle of Tyrants much better than the original artists. I think most would agree to that.

I thought recently they should do a Tom Waits cover. I know he's never really been cited as an influence, but he would fit perfectly. A death metal Rain Dogs or The Earth Died Screaming would kick ass. If you think about it, Tom Waits growled years before anyone else. He just hasn't found his way to the right genre yet :p

oooh… Treading in dark dangerous waters now ;) Watch out for rabid Maiden fans ;)

That was actually the song that got me into Opeth from the beginning. And I think it's a killer cover, real nice balance between being Opeth and staying true.

oooh… Treading in dark dangerous waters now ;) Watch out for rabid Maiden fans ;)

That was actually the song that got me into Opeth from the beginning. And I think it's a killer cover, real nice balance between being Opeth and staying true.

Me too!! Way, way back!!:headbang: