Songs Opeth should cover (or not...)

I could definitely see Mikael playing this,an incredible song to start with,Mikaels voice would be the final touch.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could definitely see Mikael playing this,an incredible song to start with,Mikaels voice would be the final touch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UZsIGQaLKI

Not bad, for an acoustic Mike cover, but.........................

ONE OF THESE DAYS......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................I'M GOING TO CUT YOU INTO LITTLE PIECES!!!!!

:lol:i JUST LIKE SAYING THAT.

Slayer - Seasons in the Abyss

Having mike sing most of the song cleanly and then go into growl mode for the chorus would just be awesome.

ONE OF THESE DAYS.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................I'M GOING TO CUT YOU INTO LITTLE PIECES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:heh:

(in growlings styles blak metals rebel!!:heh:)

Jesus Christ yes !!!

Or a song off of Landberk's Lonely Land.

(you progheads should check that album out).

A clear reference for Opeth if you ask me. The band's even on the special thanks on BWP.

i think house of the rising sun would be a good choice. mike says in an interview that that song was in one of the first song books he got when he got his first guitar from his grandmother. not only would i LOVE to hear mike singing this one and his distinct guitar tone, i'd also love to hear per's killer keys (i have the animal's version of the song in mind). also still waiting to hear "would?" i kinda have the feeling if they ever chose to do a zeppelin song, it would probably be stairway to heaven. led zeppelin IV is one of his top 5 fave albums i beleive so he would probably choose a song from that album, i think.

maybe also "helter skelter" lol

Not metal, but a song I could definitely hear Mike singing. I had forgotten how much I liked it!

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=jFQYf94BGGc[/ame]