soo good

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI, Christianmetalheadus isn't a fake account. His band is actually pretty kick ass too (check his link profile).

My eyes may deceive me, but looks just like a guy who digs Opeth and put his opinion in about them. I love how the anti-Christians/anti-religion group finds a need to jump on the guy at the first sign of the word "Christian" or "Jesus" oooOOoooo spooky stuff! :) My eyes must be deceiving me, I don't think I saw the dude point fingers or attack anyone else's belief?

Anyways...Opeth related so I hope the thread stays...will also be good example of how so many people are such hypocrites when it comes to their own beliefs whatever they be...and how they think they know what being a "Christian" is all about. :) I'm a Christian and dig Opeth as well, but, how can that be?!?! Captain, this isn't logical! APOCALYPSE NOW!

I can't stand people who honestly think Satanism is the real thing.... didn't God imprison Satan along time ago in Hell, unless Satan's been lifting weights this whole time and appeals for parole then he goes after God and winds up right back in the slammer. That's what I'm going to call Hell from now on the slammer..... I was just pointing my finger and chastising you like MetalAges told me to.......

Lone_Isle said:
Ha, why even care about satanic lyrics or not? You Christians are so good at appropriating(or should I should I say hijack) musical genres that the next thing you know there'll not only be "Christian metal" but also Christian Satanic Metal!
Then there'd be Christian Atheism, and my bald-as-a-baby's-bottom head will be the next hair fasion fad :dopey:

There actually is Chrisitian metal...that uses growling vocals too! The only one I can think of right now is Paramaecium from Australia but I'm sure there's more...

I take all the satanism in metal with a grain of salt, it's actually kind of fun! I especially like when it comes from people who aren't actually satanists.. hence how I get a kick out of the lyrics to songs like Edge of Sanity's "Of Darksome Origin" and "The Sinner and the Sadness".

Agnosticism > Satanism > Christianity!
YAY!

ShroudOfDusk said:
Since when has extreme metal been popular?

You're correct, I should have said "popular within the metal community" or something to take that into account. The point I had intended to make was that I think it's good that Opeth doesn't do things just because it's popular in the metal community.

Detric said:
Opeth looks up to Immortal

No way in hell. :D

I just think it's ridiculous to mix religion and music. If it's good music then it's good music. Religion should have nothing to do with it. I say separation of church and music so that they each may exist in a more pure state.

Jon Snow said:
I just think it's ridiculous to mix religion and music. If it's good music then it's good music. Religion should have nothing to do with it. I say separation of church and music so that they each may exist in a more pure state.

I don't think it's right to restrict the topics people can write on, in music, regardless of if we do or don't like what they have to say. Now, my personal opinion about religion and music is that sometimes it can work--but if it's at all forced, or for show, or just plain ineffective in the writing or music, I'm not interested. But as I have said on other occasions, if you don't like a thing, you just don't buy it or listen. That's the only "vote" that matters.

Rose Immortal said:
I don't think it's right to restrict the topics people can write on, in music, regardless of if we do or don't like what they have to say.

I think it's people restricting what they listen to......maybe I'm CRaZy o_O

ethereallight--And if a person makes such a choice privately not to listen to a certain thing, without enforcing it upon anybody else, why should there be any problem with what they do? It doesn't affect anybody else.

Status
Not open for further replies.