Steven Slate Drums: Chris Lord-Alge Expansion

I can hear the differences on the snares, the kicks sound really good but I could go either way on the toms. The toms lack that big tom sound like he's done on the last couple of Green Day records, maybe when I (eventually) get these.. I'll change my mind. Great idea getting other producers to do samples for you though.

Steven, I know you probably don't want to give away names, but how many other engineers/producers have to spoken to about doing this sort of thing?

Im thinking Slate+Sneap.

or Suecof.

OT: i`m getting this.

The toms can be way more aggressive if you mix them up, and CLA recommends to slap a bit more hi shelf on them for more bite. Where they are now is a great happy medium for a more universal sound.

We've got some amazing packs from some killer talent coming out. So if you aren't a Slate virtual drummer yet.. it's about time fella! Get on the boat.

Steven

We've got some amazing packs from some killer talent coming out. So if you aren't a Slate virtual drummer yet.. it's about time fella! Get on the boat.

Steven

Cool. I've got everything, so I'm ready to roll.

Good idea to expand your line :)

This will be so worth it. I think the price point is great and still has room to move for sales or when it drops in a years time. That will make it a very, very aggressively priced sample pack.

Hmm, snares sound awesome, but those toms sound horrid. Kicks are good but didn't stand out to me. Cymbals were okay... just pretty dark and smooth

Toms are big and deep and natural... for more metal sound: hi shelf and a bit of dip in low mids. Can't wait for you guys to check these out for yourselves, these drums are insane.

Cheers,
Steven

Toms are big and deep and natural... for more metal sound: hi shelf and a bit of dip in low mids. Can't wait for you guys to check these out for yourselves, these drums are insane.

Cheers,
Steven

They sound like the velocity is at 60 or something. very weak even for rock drums, IMO.

You guys are deaf. These samples destroy Rock Solid and I own Rock Solid. If you're expecting over the top metal drums, this isn't going to be your thing, but for what they are, they sound amazing. Good job Steven. Keep the drums cumming!

Yeah I dunno what the bitching is about, they sound great to me, I want it for the snares alone - the kicks/toms are a bonus afaic.

Steven: Question about pricing. The SSD4 expansion is $149 and comes with the shells and cymbals, TRIGGER is also $149 but is shells only. Shouldn't the TRIGGER expansion be cheaper because of that or no?

Very good sounding stuff but still does not sound like there's those signature "samples" included/mixed in that he likes to cycle throughout the records..?

The demos sound really good to me. Getting a bit of that 'samey' vibe here, but it's to be expected when the room, mics and angles remain the same. Drums only differ so much.

Definitely considering this one.