Steven Slate Drums EX?

Stven, deft interested in the Ex package! As Ive asked before, it'd be swell if you could provide a crippled demo of sorts. Not asking for a handout, but even one popular kit with limited layers, or something just so a guy could make spending the $$$ a little easier!!!

Once upon a time Slate gave us a free snare! Maybe if you email him he will hook you up.

let me look into the crippled demo thing.... only issue is we offer so much in kits that I fear if someone doesn't like the particular kit we offer in the demo, they'll get the wrong idea about the library...

downloadable SSD3 soon with the new 3.5 update... all SSD users be aware!

New features include:

-All new enhanced snares, with bigger and more baddass sounds that fit even better in mixes
-New transient enhancer PUNCHER knob on snares!
-New state of the art physically modeled "advanced anti machine gun" humanization mode for ultra realistic playing
-New 3.5 Player has less CPU useage, 64bit windows support, and PT8 compatibility

let me look into the crippled demo thing.... only issue is we offer so much in kits that I fear if someone doesn't like the particular kit we offer in the demo, they'll get the wrong idea about the library...

downloadable SSD3 soon with the new 3.5 update... all SSD users be aware!

New features include:

-All new enhanced snares, with bigger and more baddass sounds that fit even better in mixes
-New transient enhancer PUNCHER knob on snares!
-New state of the art physically modeled "advanced anti machine gun" humanization mode for ultra realistic playing
-New 3.5 Player has less CPU useage, 64bit windows support, and PT8 compatibility

that's fucking awesome! can't wait...:headbang:

Sorry if I missed it, but what's the ETA on EX? Wantwantwantwantwant
I think Slate mentioned late april/early may somewhere in this thread. I'd really like to know if this is still it.

I'm literally dying to get my hands on EX, perhaps even downloadable LE if the price is right. I'm so psyched about it! :lol:

Would it be better for me to wait and buy the ex and then buy the metal expansion or buy the LE Package now?
I record mostly metal, but definitely other genres from time to time

Another question
When I buy the drum package (whichever one I end up getting)
It will be able to completely replace my DFH setup right?
Like programmable MIDI and all of that
Thanks

Oh
and do you think we could get an updated ETA on when EX is being released?
Thanks a lot Steven!

Would just like to pitch in, I'd be interested in buying EX too.

Oh and hello to everyone, I'm new here. Seems like a great forum :)

Would just like to pitch in, I'd be interested in buying EX too.

Oh and hello to everyone, I'm new here. Seems like a great forum :)

welcome dude, it is indeed great place

oh and sean. i would highly recommend the le, get some wicked metal kits as well as more rocky popy stuff which u can use on other projects

LE is downloadable for $149 there is a very limited quantity of serial numbers left... then its just going to be platinum for a bit until we release EX next month..

I'd personally jump on LE, its a better deal (20 kits for $149 where EX 20 kits would be $200 [$99 + 2 expansion packs @$50 each])

Some demos I made today... really shows off the NRG room and the natural sound you can get from SSD.. this is a vdrum played midi file, drumkit contains kick7/old zep kick and dreamsnare/snare11A with a lot of mixbuss compression and individual compression on the NRG ambience faders..

www.stevenslatedrums.com/kvr/pt2.mp3

more compression

www.stevenslatedrums.com/kvr/pt3.mp3

I love that NRG room!! Best sampled room in the biz in my biased opinion!

one question...

if buy the EX and 5 or 6 months later i get more money and i want to buy more packs...
Will the EX + all the packs cost the same as the platinum (329$)?..like 99 EX +230 all the 4 or 5 packs ?

one question...

if buy the EX and 5 or 6 months later i get more money and i want to buy more packs...
Will the EX + all the packs cost the same as the platinum (329$)?..like 99 EX +230 all the 4 or 5 packs ?

no...

do the math:err:

Just pulled the trigger on Le --- downloading now im stoked :) although the 3 day download limit is going to be a bit tight with my connection