Steven Slate Drums SNEAP DISCOUNT..

Status
Not open for further replies.
The answer to this is what will decide if I purchase. I hate that when you buy software you are treated like the criminal. It's moves like this made by the software company that support piracy.
same here. I format my system a couple times a year. this would mean I only get a bout a year use out of this. not really worth the 250 if I'm going to be limited. I'm sure its a matter or sending an email with your contact info or something for them to unlock you. A bit annoying but it keeps people from stealing. Slate has to protect himself somehow. I'm sure Slate has a good answer for us to reassure the purchase.

same here. I format my system a couple times a year. this would mean I only get a bout a year use out of this. not really worth the 250 if I'm going to be limited. I'm sure its a matter or sending an email with your contact info or something for them to unlock you. A bit annoying but it keeps people from stealing. Slate has to protect himself somehow. I'm sure Slate has a good answer for us to reassure the purchase.

Toontrack does the same shit. When I bought EZDrummer I had a Powerbook, and an iMac G5. The Powerbook took a crap, and the iMac G5 was sold. I then bought an iMac Intel that dual boots XP. That ends all 4 authorizations. I now have a Macbook Pro, and I'm up a creek unless I want to buy their software again.

Their own policies make it really easy to consider piracy. They treat their paying customers like a nuisance, meanwhile, some schmuck didn't pay a dime and can install it as many times as they want using a key generator. They didn't solve the issue of their product being pirated, but instead made it a pain in the ass for their paying customers to legitimately use their product.

They didn't solve the issue of their product being pirated, but instead made it a pain in the ass for their paying customers to legitimately use their product.

yeah, i guess if the "watermark" thing really works on the samples, then... why not apply to the program itself, so they can track the original owner after all... i'll just wait for steven's answer before installing i guess...

relax guys. If you reformat your machine and need another install, it'll take one minute to email my guys, three minutes to unlock your registration, and then 30 seconds for you to re-authorize. You didn't really think I'd leave you hangin did you?

The reg lock is so if some whacko decides to give everyone his serial number, the whole world won't be able to steal my stuff.. But if you are in a situation and need some help, we're here for you.

relax guys. If you reformat your machine and need another install, it'll take one minute to email my guys, three minutes to unlock your registration, and then 30 seconds for you to re-authorize. You didn't really think I'd leave you hangin did you?

The reg lock is so if some whacko decides to give everyone his serial number, the whole world won't be able to steal my stuff.. But if you are in a situation and need some help, we're here for you.

Awesome! Now that question is answered, I have a couple more before I purchase :)

What do I do if I use a computer (a dual-boot partition, actually) that does not connect to the internet? How can I register?

What future updates will I have access to?

Can I download & get a disc copy? Does the disc copy just ship on a standard DVDR?

Cymbals....what kind of variety is there? In my current setup I use 4 crashes, 2 chinas, and occasionally 2 splashes. I am worried about having enough choices :)

Is there a way to program cymbal variations, such as choke/grabs, and will the cymbals be responsive enough to swells (and sound good!)

Finally, I'm still not much of an audio engineer and have lots to learn, so I am leaning towards this set with the assumption that I won't need to do too much post processing...is this an accurate difference between SSD3.0 and, say, superior 2, which requires extensive post processing?

Thanks your patience with my questions Mr Slate et al!

Dudes..... Just email Toontrack and ask them to remove some of the authorizations from your account; or to grant you new ones. They shouldn't have a problem with that!

Installing right now, thanks for the answer!

Dudes..... Just email Toontrack and ask them to remove some of the authorizations from your account; or to grant you new ones. They shouldn't have a problem with that!

They charge you a service fee for that. $40 I believe.

Can someone at least give some opinions on the cymbals/overheads? Are there lots of choices? How do the dynamics sound? And can I do cymbal grabs/chokes effectively? :)

There are a lot. At least 2 chinas IIRC, 2 splashes, 4 or more crashes (I want to say more, but fuck I'm not in front of it atm).

Although I have platnum, not sure if LE is the same in cymbal choice.

Okay so now that I am on my computer:

Picture9-2.png

Picture8-3.png

Picture7-3.png

Picture6-5.png

Picture5-6.png

Picture4-8.png

Picture3-10.png

Picture2-13.png

Picture1-18.png

These screen shots are from Platinum 3.0 though. Obviously LE is going to have a smaller list for Kicks, snares, and toms. Maybe some of the other users that have purchased LE can confirm if the cymbals are the same or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.