Steven Slate Drums SNEAP DISCOUNT..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some questions..

1) This is a theotitical question, posted id also in forum but maybe here is better. Has to do with the protection. I have the online version and my serial number bought from my paypal. I am thinking to buy the normal version (boxed) for a friend of mine. As far as I am concerned if he or anyone upload it somewhere, am I the one who is charged for this because of the payment made by me OR whoever uploads it somewhere (from his ip or something)?
This is serius because you can never trust what someone will do with the software you gave him. How this watermark protection works?

2) Since I have the online version ,can I also recieve a boxed version with the same serial number for backup OR you can only have one way (boxed OR online)? Their serials can never match (different "series of serials" for the boxed versions and different "series of serials" for the online) ?

The only way we can watermark with the DAFS is with the actual purchaser of the software. So if you were to buy as a gift, tell you friend not to be a pirateing a-hole and you'll be all set.

Unfortunately we can't do both box and download, its one or the other at the moment, but it is highly recommended you back up the software on DVDs.

As for 3.5, it will update both LE and Platinum and its not just the Player that is being updates..

SSD3.5 has been completely re-encoded from the ground up, and has so many new features and enhanced playability that you're gonna think its a whole new animal.

Bought platinum last week, just because of the great deal. Really like the sounds and the interface, great work.

One thing that I did notice is that for very slow mellow stuff most of the snares and kicks sound too aggressive and compressed (not just on the hard hits but also on the low velocity hits).

The only way we can watermark with the DAFS is with the actual purchaser of the software. So if you were to buy as a gift, tell you friend not to be a pirateing a-hole and you'll be all set.

Unfortunately we can't do both box and download, its one or the other at the moment, but it is highly recommended you back up the software on DVDs.

As for 3.5, it will update both LE and Platinum and its not just the Player that is being updates..

SSD3.5 has been completely re-encoded from the ground up, and has so many new features and enhanced playability that you're gonna think its a whole new animal.

Thanks Slate!! Yes I am thinking to make a gift , I'll think about it. Thanks for the info. Can't wait for the updates.. It is already perfect, I can't even think of what else you could provide with the updates..

Alright gearing up to buy this today or tomorrow... how big is Platinum? I'm debating on whether or not I should download or have it shipped.

Slate - do you know if the 8.25% sales tax gets charged to CA residents when download, too??

shipping to Europe 3-5 days express and 7-9 days regular shipping.

Mr. L... hit "CRACK ON HEAD" button so it turns to "CRACK ON RIM" and that takes the rimshot off the snare key.. for mellow stuff there is options.. For mellow Kicks, try the Dan Steel Kick, as a matter of fact the whole Steely Dan kit is great for mellow stuff. Also the Vintage Kit presets are great for mellow stuff, there is very little compression on them:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo2/03 Acoustic Ditty.mp3

For metal stuff, my go to kick is Black Kick mixed with Kick5.. any of the snares will work depending on what you dig..

3.5 is almost out guys, and its gonna be amazing. My program team has made the playability and sound so incredible that I can't stop playing them.. Someone's gonna have to take my Vdrums away so I can get stuff done!

man I can wait for the update!!!!
It´s so much fun to program drums with the player but the long loading times and CPU usage is dumping the pure enjoyment;)

Is there any chance, someone of your team can upload a logic 8 Project, where all the drums are routed to different AUX.
I cant get this done.

The self-made E-Drums is so fun with the gog files!!!!unbelievable. Just put up to condensers and your samples and it sounded like "ready for mastering"

cheers

yes here is a snippet where I mixed Black Kick and Kick5 in the SSD Player instrument:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo2/ssdmetal.mp3

gabriel, check at the ssd forum about the logic issue, I'm not a logic guy but there are a bunch of logic guys using the MULTI TRACK out keyboard presets on discrete tracks, or maybe some logic/ssd'rs here can post a tutorial. You can always email my tech team who will answer all questions.

yes here is a snippet where I mixed Black Kick and Kick5 in the SSD Player instrument:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo2/ssdmetal.mp3

gabriel, check at the ssd forum about the logic issue, I'm not a logic guy but there are a bunch of logic guys using the MULTI TRACK out keyboard presets on discrete tracks, or maybe some logic/ssd'rs here can post a tutorial. You can always email my tech team who will answer all questions.

That sounds brilliant! Any chance you could up your preset patch for that, if it is LE compatible, perhaps? :)

The BLACK KICK is the killer. Every kickdrum sounds like metal if you blend it with the black kick.30% is sometimes enough, just for the click and bang:)

And steven I was on you forum, the only thread about logic multi-out was answered with the DFH route, but I didnt get it to work....

but thanks for your time

hey guys, i only been playing with the presets so far, how do you blend kicks/snares in the program?

thanks

shipping to Europe 3-5 days express and 7-9 days regular shipping.

Mr. L... hit "CRACK ON HEAD" button so it turns to "CRACK ON RIM" and that takes the rimshot off the snare key.. for mellow stuff there is options.. For mellow Kicks, try the Dan Steel Kick, as a matter of fact the whole Steely Dan kit is great for mellow stuff. Also the Vintage Kit presets are great for mellow stuff, there is very little compression on them:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo2/03 Acoustic Ditty.mp3

Thanks Steven! Funnily I auditioned kicks and actually ended up with the Dan Steel kick before you posted this :). Sounds great on the lower velocity notes for what I'm doing, gonna experiment some more with the rest of the setup but I think I'm getting there.

Clip sounds cool btw, has a bit of that Neil Young out on the weekend vibe going on :)

Any chance you're going to do some more mellow/vintage drum tones in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.