Sweden vs SF Bay Area, who wins?

that's nonsense! fuck production

I'm going to agree with Gustavo on this one. I think that the production of those albums captured the style perfectly and I wouldn't want it any other way. Case in point : Bonded by Blood re-made.....I prefer the original IN EVERY ASPECT because it's compatible with the spirit and the vibe of the time! I hope I'm not sounding like a bullshitter, because it's probably all psychological - anyone who never heard the original would have nothing to compare it and take it at face-value - but I (as much as I love polished production and admire perfect recording and mixing technique) feel that the production of the 80s and early 90s should be appreciated for what it is.

But after all, if it sounds bad to your ears - that's all that matters. The same applies to me when it comes to Black Metal; I can't stand the production for too long even though I'm aware that it suits it fine.

Sweden definitely wins it for me....Amon Amarth, Dismember, Entombed, Disfear, Unleashed, At The Gates, Nasum, Darkthrone.

Six Feet Under, Obituary, Death, Cannibal Corpse, Cynic, Morbid Angel, Atheist....yeah, I'll take Florida over bay area thrash, too.

Sweden definitely wins it for me....Amon Amarth, Dismember, Entombed, Disfear, Unleashed, At The Gates, Nasum, Darkthrone.

Six Feet Under, Obituary, Death, Cannibal Corpse, Cynic, Morbid Angel, Atheist....yeah, I'll take Florida over bay area thrash, too.

Florida wins the thread.