Sweden vs SF Bay Area, who wins?

You're probably too young to remember the good 'ole days of Entombed :D

and I've been a fan of In Flames since I 1st heard them back in like 95 ... I even kinda like "Reroute" but they lost me after that

I still was more of an Edge of Sanity guy myself ... In Flames could never touch the awesome that EOS was on "Spectral Sorrows", "Purgatory Afterglow" & "Crimson"

Oh yeah Carlos, I definitely love EoS, they're just different than IF IMO (and I gave 'em due props in my post on the last page :D) And what can I say, I tried to get into "Wolverine Blues", but...ehhhhh.....

Oh yeah Carlos, I definitely love EoS, they're just different than IF IMO (and I gave 'em due props in my post on the last page :D) And what can I say, I tried to get into "Wolverine Blues", but...ehhhhh.....

"Wolverine" was definitely a change up in their sound ... kinda how a lot of us old heads look at In Flames going from "Clayman" to "Reroute" ;)

But "Clandestine" and "Left Hand Path" ..... Ahhhhhhhhh!!! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7xu6Am5qyk&feature=related[/ame]

: Seriously, is it just that they got so popular and now suck, and thus you feel obligated to dislike them?

No they just suck. Their songs are crap, my 3 week old baby sings better than their singer does nowadays and oh yeah 2 words:

Pinball Map =

facepalm.jpg

A fairer comparison would be SF to say Stockholm instead of an entire country.
Anyway, on topic I'd say SF wins the 80s, Sweden wins the 90s and the 0s.

Hmmm ... I don't know. I mean shouldn't we just go by population? If thats the case it pretty fair to compare SF to the whole country of Sweden right? :loco:

Now I know thats not entirely accurate ... but we're talking about a country with about 9 million people altogether.

A fairer comparison would be SF to say Stockholm instead of an entire country.
Anyway, on topic I'd say SF wins the 80s, Sweden wins the 90s and the 0s.

Gothenburg would be more fair in this case, since all the bands you guys like come from there. :lol:
(Its even dubbed "Gothenburg Death"[Göteborgsdöds] over here.)

Fucking Bay Area :headbang:. So much attitude ! When I think pure metal, regarding all its history, I cannot think of an era which represents "most metal" better than the Bay Area scene. Of course, hats off to British pioneers too, I ain't saying the SF Bay Area scene is more metal, but it's more iconic in my opinion. (And I'm probably more of a death metal fan but thrash has a special place inside me :p)