Technical Death

Scourge - yeah you were onto something for a sec but you deal too much in absolutes.

While Opeth has the progressive structures and writing - not to mention more overt elements - of 70s progressive rock, there's a lot more death metal to their sound beyond just the vocals. double bass, downtuned riffs, etc etc. to say they're just playing Camel with heavy guitars and growled vocals is just lazy.

whereas something like Children of Bodom, as you mentioned, cannot be classified as black metal at all, because the writing has far more in common with thrash and power metal. it only has blackened vocals.

both bands are hybrids but Opeth is a much purer blend of its two source genres.

have fun with your flame war.

Did you just say Opeth had blastbeats?
And I don't even know about their song structures. Most prog has at least a fairly good sense of structure, whereas the majority of the time Opeth seems to me like a bunch of riffs strung together rather than a cohesive whole. Yes, I still like them.

Except that a million prog bands sound EXACTLY like Opeth, their only moderately distinguishing feature is the use of growling vox. They're basically a Camel clone fronted by a mediocre death metal vocalist.

Your posts are almost better than a Seinfeld episode.

Amazingly Amazing !

Thx to you I am now figuring out the cosmos and how matter and anti matter were created.

The birth of the atom live on Opeth forum.

Except that a million prog bands sound EXACTLY like Opeth, their only moderately distinguishing feature is the use of growling vox. They're basically a Camel clone fronted by a mediocre death metal vocalist.

Your posts are almost better than a Seinfeld episode.

Amazingly Amazing !

Thx to you I am now figuring out the cosmos and how matter and anti matter were created.

The birth of the atom live on Opeth forum.

^Beneath the Massacre is more of a metal-core styled tech-death...but still pretty good if you can tolerate the vocals.

One of the best bands of the genre is Psycroptic. A wonderful band.

Are we listening to the same Beneath the Massacre? I don't hear metal-core at all. In fact, its funny you mentioned Psycroptic, because that's the band I think Beneath the Massacre most sounds like.

:lol: yea if they dropped the death vox, they would sound exactly like camel. Oh wait, no they wouldn't. Every band draws influence from other bands, dumb ass. If you are talking about damnation, yes they do sound a lot like camel, but if you take out the death vox in deliverance, I don't think they'd sound much like them

Well, the most amazing thing about this particular troll species is that it can be fed with everything so it s very difficult to stop the puking.

When it comes to Tech death, you don't have many bands that sound like Necrophagist. But now there a lot of "dethcore" wannabes like The Faceless and As Blood Runs Black. Personally I don't like them, but everyone has different tastes. Some other bands that i would recommend if you like necrohagist are vehemence, decapitated, nile, immolation, vital remains, and maybe a little suffocation.