The Beatles

Powers said:
It's enevitable.

Just wait...

i'll be the one to prevent that awefull thing from happening
my proof:
The Beat Lopez used on Atonement is totally ripped off of a beatles song...
the die hard beatles fans know this one :"tomorrow never knows" a pretty psycho song...it's the last track on "Revolver" to anyone who wants to hear for himself...
it's also used on the Chemical Brothers' "Setting Sun"... a brilliant beat

i dare you to disprove me:heh:

NineFeetUnderground said:
im merely expressing the warped psychology behind that mindset.

Except for the fact that this warped psycho-analysis doesn't seem to apply in my case. Maybe you should start rethinking it before generalising.

So? He can be as reasonable as he wants, I'm still allowed to give me side of the discussion too.

edit:

I know a fair few people who have no interest in the music of the Beatles and none of these people care or mention the band much at all, I brought my dislike for them up because this is a topic about them and I wanted to contribute my opinion. I of course have no problem in Beatles fans viewing it has a loss, because I'm sure it is in their eyes because of how much they like it.

However, to start saying things such as
its a defense mechanism really. people who dont care for the beatles typically react to those who are big fans by claiming theyre overrated to deal with the fact that they cant share the interest and are missing out.
is foolish without sufficient proof or examples of people who do this in my opinion.

How many people really are so immature that they need a "defense mechanism" to help them cope with not feeling the love for things that they obviously should love? I don't think that's a particularly reasonable thing to say at all, it's actually quite dumb. It seems to encode a fair bit of contempt and I'm not surprised you're slightly nettled by it.

Anyway, "NFU scornful of X's music taste" is hardly a big tabloid shocker is it?

Okay, since nobody has stated this yet..."Opeth are lightyears ahead of anything the Beatles recorded".. Seriously though, I enjoy listening to the Beatles. I don't sit around and wonder what their impact on music is or how much I should like them compared to another band. I just pop in the CD and enjoy it. If you don't like the Beatles it's quite understandable. Not for everyone. I'm just a music junkie, and I have a tendency to listen to a vast array of different genres...even Dragonforce.

im not being scornful. nor was i really intending to isolate and zero in on daz specifically. im talking from many conversations with different people who dont like the beatles, and their reasoning behind it as well as their behavior. acting like i was ganging up on you daz is yet another defense mechanism. relax.

I wasnt offended, so you're wrong again about all of these supposed defense mechanisms you keep talking about. This is a discussion forum right? What would be the point of using it if people didnt have differing opinions? You seem to have misread my posts because I don't feel ganged up upon at all, I just seem to be the only person here with the point of view that opposes yours, so I'm voicing it.

daz436 said:
I wasnt offended, so you're wrong again about all of these supposed defense mechanisms you keep talking about. This is a discussion forum right? What would be the point of using it if people didnt have differing opinions? You seem to have misread my posts because I don't feel ganged up upon at all, I just seem to be the only person here with the point of view that opposes yours, so I'm voicing it.

thats nice. voice it all youd like. just know that i understand why youre voicing it in the manner that you are. so lets just agree to disagree then hm?

speaking of my Top 5 favorite movies, here they are:

Fight Club
Storm Riders (hong kong sci-fi action)
Dawn of the Dead (original)
Interview with a Vampire
Planes, Trains and Automobiles

:)