The Books/Reading Thread

Lovecraft ftw, you should read The Music of Erich Zann, The Rats in the Walls or The Dreams in the Witch-House if you haven't.

I've read some stories... years ago... but I don't remember which ones. I've got a few Lovecraft books I picked up used so I'll just read those... after I get my studying done for my Humanities test of course. :saint:

I just took some Lovecraft compilations out of the library...Dagon and one other I can't remember the name of.
The story The Shadow Out of Time was one of the most amazingly atmospheric pieces of fiction I'd ever read. Sit down late at night when it's cold and read it all the way through.

I've been looking for Lovecraft, but all the libraries near me don't have a single book from him. It's absolutely ridiculous they don't have anything from such an important writer.

Thoth: read the entire Randolph Carter series or The Case of Charles Dexter Ward...absolutely mind blowing

of course you really can't go wrong with any lovecraft

I am half way through reading this.
513lbvHeAvL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Man travels back in time to find Jesus, who turns out to be a retarded hunchback. :lol:

I've never actually read a straight comedy book. Some Philip K Dick and Alfred Bester is pretty funny but that's about it.

0140440399.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Finished All Quiet On The Western Front. Damn.
More or less all I have to say.
Damn.

EDIT: I'd better think of something else to say, because I'm gonna have to write a ten-page paper on it.

I've been wanting to read really out there Sci-Fi, books that will really make my brain melt. Books similar to those by Isaac Asimov and Arthur C. Clarke. Can anyone make any recommendations?

Peter Hamilton - Commonwealth Saga
Dan Simmons - Hyperion Cantos
Stephen Donaldson - The Gap Cycle
Frank/Brian Herbert + Kevin Anderson - anything Dune
Kim Stanley Robinson - Mars trilogy
Kevin Anderson - Saga of Seven Suns

Frank/Brian Herbert + Kevin Anderson - anything Dune

Also, Frank Herbert and Brian Herbert wrote together this book called Man of Two Worlds that's very good, much more humorous.

And Frank Herbert wrote these two books called the Jesus Incident and The Lazarus Effect that were very good and pretty out there.