The Books/Reading Thread

One of my favorites.

It's really good. Though, Sigmund seems to go off on a tanget and get really technical on a few of few paragraphs. Overall, he really is good at putting human nature and their nature into words. The section on religion is really good and pretty much true. I am going to read more into Freud once I finish some fiction style stuff.

Currently reading:

For a New Liberty by Murray Rothbard
The Libertarian Idea by Jan Narveson

410kB9hpiNL._SL500_.jpg

economicCalculation.gif

slaughterhouse5.jpg

blue.jpg

0071400206.jpg

road_to_serfdom.jpg

Who has finished "Naked Lunch" and understood it. I love it so far but I need someone to help with some kinks in the story.

Who has finished "Naked Lunch" and understood it. I love it so far but I need someone to help with some kinks in the story.

I saw the movie. I've read some of Burroughs's other stuff and it's pretty wild. The Soft Machine is one of his most cut-up novels.

don't think I'd be much help with naked lunch though.

looking for a good factual WWII books.

Not the ones that grind you down within the first two chapters with depressive crap so that you feel like you can't go on... last one I read it become such a chore to read that I only got through the first 1,000 pages and left the other 2,000 unread for the last 2years *sigh*

Cheers,

Peppper on deli meat!

Yes. I should track down one in the original Latin. And I hate that title; it was first called Metamorphoses. Guess they didn't want it confused with Ovid and Kafka.

I read vonnegut's A Man Without a Country today. It's only 140 or 150 pages. I was able to read it in a little under an hour and a half. It's a good, poignant read and really sums up vonnegut's philosophy on life and everything else